Niagara EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusker305

Last night I programmed Fleetnet as a system, with each tower as a site. And entered ALL the MOH talk groups.BOY DID IT EVER WORK. I am in Niagara Falls NY. Niagara, Welland, and Cauyga towers I get good Control Channel and CACCs where they should be. Hamilton, Mississauga, and Toronto no control channel. Now here's what has got me. I get Hamilton CACC and Mississauga CACC dispatching on the Welland (Fonthill) 15 Tower. Is this normal? Or are they doing it purely for my enjoyment.

unlisted

Not sure if you have seen this map of the fleetnet towers yet.. : BMR Fleetnet Tower Map - Google Maps

But that should help you understand where the towers are, and why some stuff is on certain towers. Mississauga CACC on the Fonthill is kinda a suprise to me.. but not the Hamilton CACC. Hamilton CACC works a "large area" and that tower would cover the higher, south of Hamilton (mountain) elevations.

SuperTex

Last night I programmed Fleetnet as a system, with each tower as a site. And entered ALL the MOH talk groups.BOY DID IT EVER WORK. I am in Niagara Falls NY. Niagara, Welland, and Cauyga towers I get good Control Channel and CACCs where they should be. Hamilton, Mississauga, and Toronto no control channel. Now here's what has got me. I get Hamilton CACC and Mississauga CACC dispatching on the Welland (Fonthill) 15 Tower. Is this normal? Or are they doing it purely for my enjoyment.

I can get Hamilton TG on London CACC NTH from Wasaga Beach sometimes, as far as EMS is concerned. I heard a GSW going into Hamilton a few weeks ago.

On a regular basis I can get OPP GTA Region units on Edgar 41, and also 1S Caledon on occasion.

I also can get OPP 6I S Bruce on the Penetang 30 tower all the way over to Sauble Beach detachment fairly regular. I'm wondering if it is dependent on just what TG the dispatcher at London has patched together... It's not all the time and mostly at night.

I'm just using stock antenna, but I get quite a distance for some reason. I don't know if this is what you're experiencing but it sounds like similar distances.

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I can get Hamilton TG on London CACC NTH from Wasaga Beach sometimes, as far as EMS is concerned. I heard a GSW going into Hamilton a few weeks ago.

What you probably heard was a unit on Zone 1 Common which shows up on a frequent basis on all the towers. The Hamilton MOH talkgroups would never show up on Edgar. They'd be locked out since you wouldn't want a Hamilton talkgroup taking up a channel resource on a such a distant tower.

On a regular basis I can get OPP GTA Region units on Edgar 41, and also 1S Caledon on occasion.

That's normal. The Highway Safety Division patrols the 400 highway through Barrie and hangs out on the Aurora talkgroup.

Same with Caledon. Caledon is usually patched with several MNR and MTO talkgroups so it's not unlikely you'd hear it on Edgar.

I also can get OPP 6I S Bruce on the Penetang 30 tower all the way over to Sauble Beach detachment fairly regular. I'm wondering if it is dependent on just what TG the dispatcher at London has patched together... It's not all the time and mostly at night.

Pretty normal as well. North Grey, Bruce and South Bruce are patched together quite a bit. The North Grey units on the western shore of Georgian Bay affiliate to the Penetang tower so if the patch is in place, you'll hear units from all 3 detachments.

SuperTex

What you probably heard was a unit on Zone 1 Common which shows up on a frequent basis on all the towers. The Hamilton MOH talkgroups would never show up on Edgar. They'd be locked out since you wouldn't want a Hamilton talkgroup taking up a channel resource on a such a distant tower.

It wasn't the Edgar 41 tower, it was Penetang 30... It was either London CACC North channel 35344 or a Tactical patch... I don't know if the injury was outside the capabilities of local hospital or whatnot but they were going to Hamilton... I wasn't paying full attention but it sounded like a patch IIRC...

tusker305

Yup, Mississauga Halton TG: 35792 and TAC 3 TG: 34840. Both all last night, today, and tonight. All on tower 15 Fonthill with 4 bars. Niagara unit this evening took a emergency transfer to Toronto, later heard them call the T.O. Hospital, and flipped when the hospital answered. I dont know why I am getting this stuff. But it's dam kool. I'm like a kid at Christmas. Might even consider a digital rig, If this keeps up.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Yup, Mississauga Halton TG: 35792 and TAC 3 TG: 34840. Both all last night, today, and tonight. All on tower 15 Fonthill with 4 bars. Niagara unit this evening took a emergency transfer to Toronto, later heard them call the T.O. Hospital, and flipped when the hospital answered. I dont know why I am getting this stuff. But it's dam kool. I'm like a kid at Christmas. Might even consider a digital rig, If this keeps up.

As Igali said Miss Halton activity is 24/7 off Fonthill; perhaps the EMS units affiliate with the tower because they can 'see it' if you know what I mean, the Tower is high enough above where Halton is.
I use it driving thru Oakville in between Toronto and Miss towers to Hamilton.

I occasionally hear 'out of area EMS units suddenly drop out, it sounds like a crack, it was explained to me and I hope I am doing it justice that if one out of area EMS truck is in the towers area you can hear all the activity of this particular EMS t/g but the second it patches to an area out of tower range you lose the transmission.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
It wasn't the Edgar 41 tower, it was Penetang 30... It was either London CACC North channel 35344 or a Tactical patch... I don't know if the injury was outside the capabilities of local hospital or whatnot but they were going to Hamilton... I wasn't paying full attention but it sounded like a patch IIRC...

Let me rephrase that, the Hamilton talkgroups would never show up on Penetang for the same reason that they don't show up on Edgar.

What generally happens is an out of area ambulance requesting a patch will switch over to MOH Common Zone 1 and the local CACC will patch the hospital talkgroup with the common channel. You'll hear that all the time on all the Fleetnet towers.

SuperTex

Let me rephrase that, the Hamilton talkgroups would never show up on Penetang for the same reason that they don't show up on Edgar.

What generally happens is an out of area ambulance requesting a patch will switch over to MOH Common Zone 1 and the local CACC will patch the hospital talkgroup with the common channel. You'll hear that all the time on all the Fleetnet towers.

Yeah that makes sense, it seemed odd at the time but your explanation makes it clearer.

VE3RADIO

Font Hill is one of my best towers and I live in Mississauga.. You will get the Port Credit (mississauga) and Burlington talkgroups for OPP.. Mississauga Ambo is always on Font Hill.

rc1990

Does someone know why the Niagara, Ontario EMS-FD feed became only a Niagara Region FD feed. I PMthe feed owner to ask him the question a couple of months ago and got no response.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I dont think their FDP's are encrypted. Each municiplaity in the region runs its own FDP IINM.
Niagara Regional Police generally are although they have been in the ckear ona few occasions over the years

Last edited:

rc1990

FD and EMS are not encrypted. Only Niagara Regional Police Service are encrypted. A year ago or so, There was a feed dedicated for Niagara Falls city FD and regional EMS that was AWESOME and for some reason, it was deleted.

Last edited:

unlisted

You mean, I CAN listen to something worthwhile in Niagara Falls on the weekends?!?! :D

Time to program in some new frequencies into my scanner.

rc1990

YEAH. When I went to Niagara falls (last summer) there was no dead air. From NF. Ont you can monitor regional EMS an FDs, Niagara Falls (NY) pd, fd, ems Go to rr's db chosse New York state an choose the county right beside NF, Ontario and you can monitor any city up to Buffalo. Depending where you are, you can monitor Buffalo PD. To add, you could be able to monitor NY sheriff, FBI. Do you have arc246 as a programing software for your scanner. If so, i can email you the file or if you don't, i can send you a word document that you can just copy and paste into your prog software . If you don't want to give your email on the fornu, you can PM me.

SCPD

QRT
The Fonthill tower provides the best coverage to southern Oakville, especially around the hospital. The signal strength coming from the south side of the lake is better than the towers on the north side.

On occasion distant tgs will be active on the Britannia (Mississauga) tower as that's the one closest to the Bell Mobility Radio office.

As Igali said Miss Halton activity is 24/7 off Fonthill; perhaps the EMS units affiliate with the tower because they can 'see it' if you know what I mean, the Tower is high enough above where Halton is.
I use it driving thru Oakville in between Toronto and Miss towers to Hamilton.

I occasionally hear 'out of area EMS units suddenly drop out, it sounds like a crack, it was explained to me and I hope I am doing it justice that if one out of area EMS truck is in the towers area you can hear all the activity of this particular EMS t/g but the second it patches to an area out of tower range you lose the transmission.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
On occasion distant tgs will be active on the Britannia (Mississauga) tower as that's the one closest to the Bell Mobility Radio office.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Does this mean that we might hear.. a Elgin car on Brittania or something closer like a Wellington 6 Tango car. I dont run Trunk 88 on this tower but I do monitor it on the highways in the west GTA.
Havent seen you post here in a long time sir, how are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.