Niagara Falls Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmage_2002

I'm just getting back into the scanner scene after a few years hiatus and was wondering if there is anybody out there who is still successfully monitoring Niagara Falls fire dispatch. It was the one station that I enjoyed listening to the most -- keeping up with the most current events in my city. All the other fire dispatches in the Niagara region are still active on their old frequencies and are easily picked up with my 15-year old scanner. But what happened to the Niagara dispatch to make it different from the rest? Can I still monitor it without going out and re-outfitting myself with new equipment? If not, how much would I be expecting this new equipment to cost?

jellotor

Last time I was in the area (4-6 months ago I think) the Falls FD dispatched on the VHF frequency listed in the database but the trucks called back on the MPT1327 system down there. In other words, you should be able to hear the calls dispatched out but no responses.

As far as I know, there are no MPT1327 scanners available. You could try eBay for an MPT1327 radio, but programming may be an issue since that trunking protocol is not too common in North America. You could also check the Wiki in the software decoders section...I believe there are a couple of trunker-like programs that will decode MPT systems. Saint, wherever he may be, may have had some experience with these programs.

Good luck.

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can still monitor the FD However..........The system is MPT-1327. The System also is used by Canada Customs, St. Johns Ambulance/Water Patrol/Chair-A-Van Wheel chair Vans, which you will hear too. no way at this time too just program talk groups.

The Frequencies are: 420.0625, 420.275, 420.575 program all of these and you will hear all radio traffic. The vollunteers still use 150.545 for their VHF Minitor and alfa pagers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.