Niagara Falls Fire - problems with system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I've downloaded this system from the DB a couple of times and have been unable to get it to run. I see the live feed provider in the area says it gave them problems too.
Has anybody out there got any suggestions on how to make it work?
I am running Freescan to a bcd396xt.
Thanks,

ibagli

You have to program the frequencies as conventional and just lock out the control channel (I'm not sure if it rotates or not; if it doesn't, just don't program it). No scanner can track MPT-1327 systems, so it's impossible to separate the Fire Department from any other users. There's also an annoying data burst at the end of each transmission.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
problems

You have to program the frequencies as conventional and just lock out the control channel (I'm not sure if it rotates or not; if it doesn't, just don't program it). No scanner can track MPT-1327 systems, so it's impossible to separate the Fire Department from any other users. There's also an annoying data burst at the end of each transmission.

Your correct ibagli, all you can do is download all the frequencies for this system and then start scanning them with your scanner, when your scanner locks onto one of the control channels just lock out that frequency so the scanner won't stop on the frequncy again.

The fire department is in the process of getting off this system and getting there own frequencies and this is in progress as I send this post.
Steve
Steve

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
I understand this July is when they want a new common dispatch frequency and 2 working tac frequencies, as well as new voice pagers for the volunteers and on call fire prevention

Saint

Premium Subscriber
More Information

I understand this July is when they want a new common dispatch frequency and 2 working tac frequencies, as well as new voice pagers for the volunteers and on call fire prevention

This is the last information I found on the new system for the Niagara Falls Fire Department and Frequencies
Steve

Also you can get all the information on this subject on this link, go down to VHF Simulcast, Conventional, Voice Radio Communications System -Niagara Falls Fire Services and all documents will be there.
Steve
http://www.niagarafalls.ca/city_hall/departments/clerks/supply_and_services/tenderArchive.asp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.