Niagara Falls Ont. Fire Dept. System Coming alive !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
As everyone probably knows the Niagara Falls Ontario Fire Department is going to new frequencies, I have been doing searches and have found this information so far. if you go to the Ontario government web site a do a search for the frequencies for the Niagara falls fire department the new frequencies come up.

150.545000 NIAGARA FALLS - 6700 FALLSVIEW BLVD CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
150.545000 NIAGARA FALLS, 5815 MORRISON ST CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
150.545000 NIAGARA FALLS, WATER TOWER CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
153.800000 153.800000 NIAGARA FALLS ONTARIO CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
153.800000 153.800000 NIAGARA FALLS, 5815 MORRISON ST CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
154.070000 154.070000 NIAGARA FALLS, 5815 MORRISON ST CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
166.140000 169.560000 NIAGARA FALLS ONTARIO CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
166.140000 169.560000 NIAGARA FALLS ONTARIO CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
166.305000 169.965000 NIAGARA FALLS ONTARIO CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
166.305000 169.965000 NIAGARA FALLS ONTARIO CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
167.100000 165.450000 FONTHILL - COGECO HEADEND SITE CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
168.930000 165.540000 NIAGARA FALLS - 6700 FALLSVIEW BLVD CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
169.560000 166.140000 NIAGARA FALLS - 6700 FALLSVIEW BLVD CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
169.965000 166.305000 NIAGARA FALLS - 6700 FALLSVIEW BLVD CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
406.112500 406.112500 NIAGARA FALLS ONTARIO CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
469.425000 469.425000 NIAGARA FALLS, 5815 MORRISON ST CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
165.540000 NIAGARA FALLS, 5815 MORRISON ST CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT
166.140000 NIAGARA FALLS, 5815 MORRISON ST CITY OF NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPT

Now so far I have heard testing on 169.9650 the other day it was p25 audio and the techs were doing radio checks, now all I get is CC channel noise on this frequency. I tried Unitrunker retro on this frequency and I get a blank screen, could some one take a listen to 169.625 and see if they can tell what kind of CC Noise this is.

Also today I have been hearing techs on 167.100 P25 doing radio checks, audio is clear and very strong signal coming into Fort Erie Ontario, I have all the other frequencies in my scanner and will scan them , could other people do the same thing and listen in on these new frequencies, more people listening the more chances of catching all the frequencies they will be using.

Anyone who can provide any information on what else I can do please chime in, I will be posting this information On Radio Reference also just in case there are people who do not belong to theses groups.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Techs just made a change to CC Channel !

:confused: 169.965 is now the control channel they are making changes again, tried Unitrunker again and it does not work on the CC Channel
Steve

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
:confused: Your guess is as good as mine I don't know, thats why every one should start listening to these new frequencies and help too figure it out.
Start scanning the new frequencies
Steve

iam on it! entering them into the scanner as a type. what i was told from a member of the FD was it was suppose to be analog conventioanal....guess they changed their mind

Saint

Premium Subscriber
new frequencies

iam on it! entering them into the scanner as a type. what i was told from a member of the FD was it was suppose to be analog conventioanal....guess they changed their mind

:wink: Thanks Firefgtr, I'll keep listening hear in Fort Erie, I have caught 3 different days so far when they have done some test all in the morning, as I said the first test I heard was on 169.965 a couple of days ago and it was just plain p25 audio and it sounded great, now when I go to this frequency all I get is a CC CONTROL noise ????, I don't know why it changed, maybe this has to do with a cad system they use or are setting up ?????, any way 167.100 the other day was p25 audio and now today when they did a audio test it was plain analog audio, I guess were going to have to wait until the techs do a little more work, but at least we have the frequencies so every one can now listen in.
Steve

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
:wink: Thanks Firefgtr, I'll keep listening hear in Fort Erie, I have caught 3 different days so far when they have done some test all in the morning, as I said the first test I heard was on 169.965 a couple of days ago and it was just plain p25 audio and it sounded great, now when I go to this frequency all I get is a CC CONTROL noise ????, I don't know why it changed, maybe this has to do with a cad system they use or are setting up ?????, any way 167.100 the other day was p25 audio and now today when they did a audio test it was plain analog audio, I guess were going to have to wait until the techs do a little more work, but at least we have the frequencies so every one can now listen in.
Steve

They are also using new Motorola Minitor V pagers for the volunteers i guess they are guna need a conventional freq for those, and also they want the volunteers to be able to monitor fire-ground radio traffic on their pagers.....sounds like a interesting setup if its going to be P25 radios

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Test on 169.5600

The techs just did a test on 169.5600 p25, three tones out and then test, test, test,.
Steve

Also ON 167.1000 it's like it has an open Carrier on this frequency all morning ????

UPDATE
169.5600 12:45 pm techs did another test with tones, sounded like MAN DOWN tones ???
169.5600 1:20 pm audio p25 testing headsets
169.9650 Convinced that this is as of now the new digital Data frequency
Steve

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If this is a trunked system you should see some talkgroup activity if you hold on the control channel. Otherwise you should be seeing some NAC codes....

Saint

Premium Subscriber
169.9650 Convinced that this is the new digital Data frequency
This frequency could be for the MDT data (mobile data terminals in the fire trucks) ??
Steve

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
169.9650 Convinced that this is the new digital Data frequency
This frequency could be for the MDT data (mobile data terminals in the fire trucks) ??
Steve

they want assigned buttons on the radios A=responding B=on location C=Clear location. that possibly could be the digital data

colby4601

They can do that right over the trunked system. RCMP in Manitoba do that on their FleetNet system. Different buttons for different statuses using the XTL in the car.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Niagara Falls Fire Department

Update:

I have let my 396t scanner and ARC396PRO do audio logging all morning and this is the information so far.

150.545 analog audio doing testing all morning setting off all tones.
166.140 p25 audio testing
168.930 p25 audio testing
169.560 p25 this seems like it's going to be the dispatch channel, all morning doing audio testing, also techs said the dispatcher is in being trained for the new dispatch console.

Any one else have any other information ????? please post here.

Steve

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
I ran into a few Firefighters. None of them report anything different than what has already been reported. As to the control channel noise, if you have not already seen it - this site has some samples: Digital Modes Samples to compare it to. Public safety stuff is midway down the page.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
????

I ran into a few Firefighters. None of them report anything different than what has already been reported. As to the control channel noise, if you have not already seen it - this site has some samples: Digital*Modes*Samples to compare it to. Public safety stuff is midway down the page.

:(Well Gator596 I don't understand your negative comments in this post, up until I started this thread no one had any information on what was going on with the change to the Niagara Falls fire department, I have been spending a lot of time trying to collect the information so it would be a help too every one on this web site.

You make the comment that ,
I ran into a few Firefighters. None of them report anything different than what has already been reported.

What has been reported ????????

As far as the Control Channel I have reported, telling me about a web site that has been around for several years is not to helpfully to anyone who is trying to figure out the changes that are being made to the Niagara Falls Fire Department is no help what so ever.

Gator

Can you tell me what has been reported that that has not been reported before. ?????

I was the one who started this thread and have tried too pass on information that would be helpful, but if you think that all I am doing is wasting peoples time with all the information I has supplied then I will leave it up too the people who are intested in this thread too decide if I should even wast my time too send any more information on this subject.

End of story:

Let the people decide. !!!!!!!
Steve

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Sorry!

Steve,
I'm terribly sorry - I did not mean for my comments to be negative in any way. In hindsight, I see now that I chose my words poorly. Instead of saying, "None of them report anything different than what has already been reported." I should have said, "They confirm what the OP and other contributors have reported." I see also that I did not make it clear I was refering to the reports that had been reported in the thread you started. I took it for granted that it would have been understood - this was another mistake on my part.
Again - my apologies. Please know that I hold your knowledge of this hobby in the highest esteem, and I rely heavily on your contributions to these forums to get more from it.
Lastly, I'm sorry that the control channel link I provided was of no use to you. Hopefully someone else - perhaps someone newish to the hobby like me- will not have seen it previously and may find something of value in it.
Peace.
Sincerely,

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Apologies accepted

Steve,
I'm terribly sorry - I did not mean for my comments to be negative in any way. In hindsight, I see now that I chose my words poorly. Instead of saying, "None of them report anything different than what has already been reported." I should have said, "They confirm what the OP and other contributors have reported." I see also that I did not make it clear I was referring to the reports that had been reported in the thread you started. I took it for granted that it would have been understood - this was another mistake on my part.
Again - my apologies. Please know that I hold your knowledge of this hobby in the highest esteem, and I rely heavily on your contributions to these forums to get more from it.
Lastly, I'm sorry that the control channel link I provided was of no use to you. Hopefully someone else - perhaps someone newish to the hobby like me- will not have seen it previously and may find something of value in it.
Peace.
Sincerely,

;)Forget it Gator, sorry I jumped done your throat, I must be getting old or all the heat is getting too me, anyway nice too see there are people like you in the area that take the time to be a part of the web site we need more people like you in this hobby.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
No problem.
Lets get back to figuring the new NFFD system out.
Fingers crossed it is a system we can listen to!
Sincerely,

Yep, they all will be scannable they are just plain P25 Audio, nothing new to report not to much testing going on this morning I'll keep logging and scanning the frequencies this afternoon.

Only difference I see is the open Carrier is gone from 167.100 so if you had it locked out you can now unlock it your scanner will now scan the frequency.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.