Niagara Falls Ont. Fire Dept. System Coming alive !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Fire Departments

Firefgtr, could you tell me now how the Niagara Falls Fire Department is now set up, ???

1. Are all the fire departments on these new frequencies
  2. Do I have to put in any other frequencies for fire
  3. will I now be able to hear all fire calls on these new frequencies
Thanks for any information you can pass on.
Steve

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
Firefgtr, could you tell me now how the Niagara Falls Fire Department is now set up, ???

1. Are all the fire departments on these new frequencies
  2. Do I have to put in any other frequencies for fire
  3. will I now be able to hear all fire calls on these new frequencies
Thanks for any information you can pass on.
Steve

yes as far as i know the system is 100% online. the volunteers only wear the Minitor Vs now, i Will find out about anymore freqs that will be used. i am also told as for any other dept. (Mutual aid) will be used on the regional channel

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Information

yes as far as i know the system is 100% online. the volunteers only wear the Minitor Vs now, i Will find out about anymore freqs that will be used. i am also told as for any other dept. (Mutual aid) will be used on the regional channel

Ok Thanks for the info, as far as frequencies we have all the frequencies now, the frequencies I posted with ??? marks are in the radio's already I just am waiting for the fire fighters to use them so I will then know what the name of the channels are.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
UP-date

I have submitted this info also to the RR Data Base but nothing has shown up as yet.
Steve

167.1000 Analog NIAGARA FALLS FIRE (107.2) REGIONAL CHANNEL TAC 4

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Radio Checks

I've heard a couple of radio checks that have not gone well.... I hope its just start up bugs!

Same here last night they had some bugs in the system and the other day they were getting call outs over the pager frequency and some othere cross frequency pbrblems, but the tech guys were there very quick to fix things.
Steve

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada

has there been anything being said about St.Catharines? when i was up in Niagara for new years i had a visit with St.Cath's deputy chief (an ex-quebecer) and he was saying something about getting a new dispatch console and linking up with NFFD.. any truth in this?

Kirk

Saint

Premium Subscriber
St. Catharines

has there been anything being said about St.Catharines? when i was up in Niagara for new years i had a visit with St.Cath's deputy chief (an ex-quebecer) and he was saying something about getting a new dispatch console and linking up with NFFD.. any truth in this?

Kirk

I have not herd any news that St. Catharines is going to a new system like p25, The St. Catharines Fire Department can now talk to Niagara Falls Fire Department on there new system, this is why Niagara Falls Fire has a frequency/channel set up for this it's 67.1000 NIAGARA FALLS FIRE ANALOG (107.2) REGIONAL CHANNEL TAC 4 NIAG. FALLS ON. This chanel can be used by the Niagara Falls Fire Department to talk to St Catharines, Niagara on the lake, Fort Erie, Welland, Port Colborne and othere fire departments that have Analog frequencies only.
Steve

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
I have not herd any news that St. Catharines is going to a new system like p25, The St. Catharines Fire Department can now talk to Niagara Falls Fire Department on there new system, this is why Niagara Falls Fire has a frequency/channel set up for this it's 67.1000 NIAGARA FALLS FIRE ANALOG (107.2) REGIONAL CHANNEL TAC 4 NIAG. FALLS ON. This chanel can be used by the Niagara Falls Fire Department to talk to St Catharines, Niagara on the lake, Fort Erie, Welland, Port Colborne and othere fire departments that have Analog frequencies only.
Steve

thanks Steve...
that's probably what the deputy chief was thinking about..
an added channel to St.Cath's regular channels.
I'm in Toronto right now,, curious to see if i can pick up NFFD's new system from here.. if not i'm heading to the falls sat night after the football game..

Kirk

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Steve
Sorry I just noticed the 1 is missing from the frequency, the real frequency is 167.100 .
Steve

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
i have noticed that the Analog frequency (150.545) hasn't been very clear linking the P25 radio on the analog pager frequency lately. has anyone else noticed?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
?????

i have noticed that the Analog frequency (150.545) hasn't been very clear linking the P25 radio on the analog pager frequency lately. has anyone else noticed?

150.5450 NIAGARA FALLS FIRE PAGES (118.8) NIAG. FLS. ON

because this frequency is for paging and it's not for anything else.

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
150.5450 NIAGARA FALLS FIRE PAGES (118.8) NIAG. FLS. ON

because this frequency is for paging and it's not for anything else.

no it is suppose to monitor the TAC the volunteers are using (usually TAC 3) for the duration of the call as well its not very clear for the page either, i have to listen to TAC1 to hear the call now

Status
Not open for further replies.