Niagara Falls Transit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats0Brandon

Hey Everyone,

I have been scanning the Niagara Falls Transit for about 4 days now. When I first programmed that DMR information into my radio, I could hear them talking back and fourth but now I can't hear anything nor is my LED indicator lighting up. I am wondering if I am even hitting their repeater anymore; it's on top of the Hilton Hotel. Is it possible that someone could scan their frequency or give me the new information if there is someone with it?

I rely on the transit to get back and forth to work, so it is nice to when weather they are running late or not. :roll:

mciupa

It seems that the more you are using that DMR radio, the less there is for all of us to listen to. :(

VE3RADIO

Sounds like someone read your confession about Welland and enabled RAS. You really need to give up and buy a scanner.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Thats0Brandon

It seems that the more you are using that DMR radio, the less there is for all of us to listen to. :(

I listened to it and it was there. I just re-programmed my radios and I can't seem to pick it up. I know that they use it frequently because I always see them on their radios and also I use the busses frequently.

Thats0Brandon

Sounds like someone read your confession about Welland and enabled RAS. You really need to give up and buy a scanner.

I do need to purchase a scanner yes. However most of the radios I have are used for business. We work along side emergency personnel's and are a part of Niagara's Search & Rescue Team. Welland was a one time mistake.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I do need to purchase a scanner yes. However most of the radios I have are used for business. We work along side emergency personnel's and are a part of Niagara's Search & Rescue Team. Welland was a one time mistake.

There is nothing wrong with Welland, Niagara Falls, or St Catharines Transit, it's the radio and the antenna you are using.
Steve

mciupa

There is nothing wrong with Welland, Niagara Falls, or St Catharines Transit, it's the radio and the antenna you are using.
Steve

Thanks for the confirmation, Steve.

Most days I have no problems receiving Welland and St. Catharines on the 536. Niagara Falls is touch and go up here in Toronto.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Hit and Miss

Thanks for the confirmation, Steve.

Most days I have no problems receiving Welland and St. Catharines on the 536. Niagara Falls is touch and go up here in Toronto.

I know I can pick up the transit systems in my home with my scanner and discone but even that's hit and miss for Welland and St Catharines, it depends on the weather and other factors. But with a portable scanner and the small whip your really going to have a problem unless your close buy or your in just the right spot to get a good signal. the same with most digital systems your scanning, you need a good strong signal or the audio is going to be broken up and garbled.
Steve

VE3RADIO

I know I can pick up the transit systems in my home with my scanner and discone but even that's hit and miss for Welland and St Catharines, it depends on the weather and other factors. But with a portable scanner and the small whip your really going to have a problem unless your close buy or your in just the right spot to get a good signal. the same with most digital systems your scanning, you need a good strong signal or the audio is going to be broken up and garbled.
Steve

It sounds to me like the admin enabled RAS since the OP has admitted to using a real radio to rx them.. and key up and call for radio checks.. etc. That would make sense as to why scanner users can hear but the OP cannot.

slicerwizard

Steve
So... is 406.9625 one of the frequencies in question?

If it is, then the OP can't hear anything on that channel with his DMR radio because RAS has been enabled (and confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.