Niagara Region P25 P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_Scan

I am looking for specific information regarding this system (there are a few others Regina city P2 800 mhz,SudburyP2 , Go Transit 410 Mhz, STM bus in Montreal 800)
Niagara Region Trunking System, Niagara Region, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies
It is 700 it is P25 , all the TG are shown as ENC
out here in Vancouver our system is showing signs of life , radio shop is programming radio's etc, no cut overs to any agency yet but with 436/536 HP series scanner when talk group comes alive scanner does not mute nor show ENC on display , wondering if this is an issue with this series . All TG's logged via Pro96 are verified as ENC.
I have not polled US cities yet to see if anyone else is saying anything or what .
I only have these two radios (older PSR600 of course only P1) so no other GRE/Whistler to compare with.
Have not brought this up in Uniden forum yet.

alex288288

Not sure what your looking for here, its all Encrypted for a reason and im pretty sure this site doesn't allow convos of encryption.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Have not brought this up in Uniden forum yet.

Brought what up? I can't seem to find a question in your post.

Not sure what your looking for here, its all Encrypted for a reason and im pretty sure this site doesn't allow convos of encryption.

Discussion of encryption is not against the rules.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Brought what up? I can't seem to find a question in your post.

Discussion of encryption is not against the rules.
The fact his scanner does not mute encrypted talk groups, or mute encrypted talk groups and show that the talk group is encrypted on the display.

I think.

His post was kind of hard to read and follow due to its poor composition.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

gary123

I suspect its not muting as well. some scanner models have older firmware that did not have the automute feature. I think the feature was added a few years ago as more services went the ENC route.

mbstone99

Speaking of this system... is it in use at all yet?

It looks like it.. I ran Unitrunker on it last week for a few days and found lots of active TG's (all the ones in the range listed in the DB).. I haven't checked the old 142.XXXX frequencies though to see if they are still active as well..

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.