Nice Deal on SDS200: $594.99 shipped at Main Trading Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill1

Main Trading Co. in Paris, Texas is having a sale on most of their merchandise this weekend. The Uniden SDS200 is $594.99 (have to put one in your cart to see this price) with free shipping and no sales tax to purchasers outside Texas. I have previously purchased a new SDS100 from them on a similar sale some years ago and they were very pleasant to deal with. This was the kind of deal I was holding out for on the SDS200 so after years of waiting, finally pulled the trigger on one. Their website is www.mtcradio.com.

The email I received from them on Thursday 7/14 indicates it is a "Flash Sale" and deals end "real soon." Similar deals are available across their line of merchandise which includes ham gear, CB radios, AM/FM/shortwave radios, and accessories. I have no affiliation with them other than as a satisfied customer.

trp2525

If you want to sweeten up the OP's deal posted above even further, you might want to consider purchasing the Main Trading Company SDS200 "July Special." That package includes the SDS200 and a Yaeseu FT-4XR Dual Band VHF/UHF 5-watt handheld transceiver. The normal advertised price for this package is $709.00 but it will come up with the discounted price of $602.65 after you add it to your cart.

You may as well grab the Yaeseu radio for an additional $7.66 (compared to the OP's price of $594.99 for just the SDS200). Even if you have no use for the Yaeseu handheld yourself, I'm sure you could sell it brand-new/in-the-box for a nice profit to further offset the purchase price of your new SDS200.

As the OP posted, FREE shipping is included (for orders over $100) and sales tax is charged only if you are shipping to a Texas address. Don't hold off on pulling the trigger on this deal as I'm sure this is going to go FAST. Also it wouldn't surprise me if someone (or some other vendor) starts squawking and complaining that MTC can't be selling these SDS radios and package deals for less than the "minimum selling prices allowed by Uniden" and blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

Bill1

If you want to sweeten up the OP's deal posted above even further, you might want to consider purchasing the Main Trading Company SDS200 "July Special." That package includes the SDS200 and a Yaeseu FT-4XR Dual Band VHF/UHF 5-watt handheld transceiver. The normal advertised price for this package is $709.00 but it will come up with the discounted price of $602.65 after you add it to your cart.

You may as well grab the Yaeseu radio for an additional $7.66 (compared to the OP's price of $594.99 for just the SDS200). Even if you have no use for the Yaeseu handheld yourself, I'm sure you could sell it brand-new/in-the-box for a nice profit to further offset the purchase price of your new SDS200.

As the OP posted, FREE shipping is included (for orders over $100) and sales tax is charged only if you are shipping to a Texas address. Don't hold off on pulling the trigger on this deal as I'm sure this is going to go FAST. Also it wouldn't surprise me if someone (or some other vendor) starts squawking and complaining that MTC can't be selling these SDS radios and package deals for less than the "minimum selling prices allowed by Uniden" and blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:
Wow, trp2525! Thanks for the heads-up on this... it makes an already great deal a fantastic deal! I'll try calling them on Monday morning to switch over to the July Deal and get the FT-4X as well. After all, who doesn't need yet another radio! Glad to hear some more RR members got in on the deal too. My wife just can't wait to have another scanner going in the house :D.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
Looks like I snagged the last "July Special". When I went back to the URL to send it to a friend, it says "sorry the item you are trying to view is currently out of stock". I recall seeing 'One Remaining' when I was checking out my order.

Thanks for the heads-up @Bill1 !!! I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a new SDS (either one) and this was too good of a deal to pass up.

trp2525

Looks like I snagged the last "July Special". When I went back to the URL to send it to a friend, it says "sorry the item you are trying to view is currently out of stock". I recall seeing 'One Remaining' when I was checking out my order...

FYI for anybody who missed out on the SDS200 deals at MTC, the very similar deals for the SDS100 handheld are still alive and working at this time (21:35 EDT on 07-17-2022).

The SDS100 with the Uniden A28100B soft nylon carrying case but without the Yaeseu FT-4XR handheld is $556.75 after being placed in your cart.

The "July Special" SDS100 with the Uniden A28100B soft nylon carrying case and with the Yaeseu FT-4XR handheld is $573.75 after being placed in your cart.

So in this case you end up paying an additional $17.00 for the Yaeseu FT-4XR which is still a giveaway when you consider the normal MTC selling price is $88.00.

Bill1

Tried calling MTC this morning; they were sold out on the FT-4XR so I wasn't able to add it to my prior order for the SDS200. With a couple of HTs already in the stable, I didn't really need another anyway. I'm happy as can be about getting the SDS200 for $594.99 though! And, I'm glad the deal worked for so many other RR subscribers too. MTC shipped out my SDS200 today already and it will be here this week!

Xbullworker

Thanks to the heads up in this topic I ordered a SDS100 (with free case) and the EBC 100 spare battery/charger kit from MTC. It was a heavily discounted deal that saved me much $$$. Total price was $616, tax, free shipping included. Seemed like a great deal compared to anywhere else I have seen.

I am a Ham Radio Op but have never bought from MTC before, always relied on HRO or Gigaparts. Hopefully I get decent service and timely shipping.

Last edited:

Icanhearit

UPDATE: I ordered this morning and just got email saying it was shipped with the tracking number WOW, it doesn't get much better than this for service. MTC may be my new Radio store, bye bye HRO/Giga.
they are in business something like 13 years ago. I have been a customer since perhaps 2014.

Bill1

MTC is having a 24-hour sale today, August 2. Their stock is showing exactly one SDS200 available at $629.99 shipped. The do not appear to have any SDS100s in stock. Not as good a price as two weeks ago, but still a better deal than can be had elsewhere.

Xbullworker

I got my SDS100 yesterday from MTC. Ordered on Friday and got on Monday, they shipped 3 day Priority USPS. Great service from MTC, the scanner was as advertised and works great, I just put the DMR upgrade on it. I may have gotten their last SDS100 and I bet they sold a LOT of them as it was the lowest price I have seen.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
I just checked the prices at MTC for the SDS100 and SDS 200. They are $589 and $629 respectfully.

Still a decent price, especially if it's free shipping and no sales tax.

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
I received my SDS200 from MTC yesterday . $629 no shipping or sales tax. I ordered it on Tuesday and it was delivered on Thursday.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Main Trading Co. in Paris, Texas is having a sale on most of their merchandise this weekend. The Uniden SDS200 is $594.99 (have to put one in your cart to see this price) with free shipping and no sales tax to purchasers outside Texas. I have previously purchased a new SDS100 from them on a similar sale some years ago and they were very pleasant to deal with. This was the kind of deal I was holding out for on the SDS200 so after years of waiting, finally pulled the trigger on one. Their website is www.mtcradio.com.

The email I received from them on Thursday 7/14 indicates it is a "Flash Sale" and deals end "real soon." Similar deals are available across their line of merchandise which includes ham gear, CB radios, AM/FM/shortwave radios, and accessories. I have no affiliation with them other than as a satisfied customer.
Ya. But you have to buy the scanner and another radio to get that price. No thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.