Nice Road trip to Calgary ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Well .. I made the trip to Calgary down Highway 2 today (sorry I don't like calling it the QE2, I think it should have just remained Hwy 2 but maybe that is just me. Like do you think that the queen really cares that a highway is named after her ?).

So leaving Edmonton behind, (this may be a good or bad thing depending on your opinion) I was excited to see how the Calgary Digital System works on my PSR500 scanner.

I loaded up CPS into one of my V-Scanner locations and set out for the big city.

Skipping the 3 hour or so drive we arrive in Calgary and I am overall pretty pleased at how the Calgary Digital System is sounding.

I had I think about 100 talkgroups loaded in but really only needed like the 7 dispatch talkgroups. Correct me if I am wrong on this one ... does CPS have like 7 districts and thus 7 dispatch talkgroups ? (I think that they are called A1-A7 if my memory serves me correct).

Also .. can someone in Calgary let me know the areas covered by these 7 dispatch talkgroups so I can update my scanner. (Like NE, NW, Downtown, SE, SW etc .. )

Overall .. I want to thank the Calgary people for being so nice to us when we were in their city, even if is was just for a short few hours. After quick stops at Peter's Drive In and a trip to NTF Communications we headed back home to Edmonton.

Oh and if someone has a .bin file (PSR Edit file) for Calgary could someone attach it to this thread ? I am sure that I am missing much of the good stuff as I just got my data directly from RR here. I think I can also import an ARC500 file if I am not mistaken, if someone uses that software.

Til next time we decide on a road trip.

Kevin

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
According to the CPS website .. there are 8 districts. Can someone from Calgary please let me know why there are only 7 dispatch talkgroups in the Calgary Digital System database here on RR ?

ahp309

There are 8 districts and 8 channels. I notice the RR database has District 8 in with the District 6 info. You will find 2 districts operating off of one channel and will only split the channels when something major happens. For example, most of the time you will hear Districts 4 (East) and 5 (North East) operating off of the one channel.

MrVelvet

There are 8 districts and 8 channels. I notice the RR database has District 8 in with the District 6 info. You will find 2 districts operating off of one channel and will only split the channels when something major happens. For example, most of the time you will hear Districts 4 (East) and 5 (North East) operating off of the one channel.
There are 8 districts but 6 and 8 use A6, 4 and 5 use A4 and 3 and 7 use A3 - so while there is room for them all to have their own channels, there are only 5 daily use zone channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.