Nicor Gas NXDN Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltginrage

I noticed Nicor Gas was using NXDN on the Ops 7 (451.975) Channel about a month ago. About a week or two ago I put it in its own single freq system to obtain a TG ID# off of the channel. I came to find out that there were about 30 different TGs displayed on the freq as of this week. I got to thinking that the (451.975) Ops 7 Freq could be a control channel as I never heard traffic on the other freqs that are currently listed in the Illinois Utilites (Area Wide) database. How could I find out if I on to something and this could be a large NXDN System of their own?

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
It appears that that scanner doesn't do ANALYZE like the 436/SDS scanners. It has control channel data output that you might be able to use with the Pro96com program.

Maybe send me a photo of the screen, while its active. If it's an NXDN trunked system, it really should have a constant control channel on some frequency.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It appears that that scanner doesn't do ANALYZE like the 436/SDS scanners. It has control channel data output that you might be able to use with the Pro96com program.

Maybe send me a photo of the screen, while its active. If it's an NXDN trunked system, it really should have a constant control channel on some frequency.

Pro96Com doesn't do NXDN as far as I know.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I noticed Nicor Gas was using NXDN on the Ops 7 (451.975) Channel about a month ago. About a week or two ago I put it in its own single freq system to obtain a TG ID# off of the channel. I came to find out that there were about 30 different TGs displayed on the freq as of this week. I got to thinking that the (451.975) Ops 7 Freq could be a control channel as I never heard traffic on the other freqs that are currently listed in the Illinois Utilites (Area Wide) database. How could I find out if I on to something and this could be a large NXDN System of their own?
Nicor doesn't appear to have a current license for 451.975. They used to be licensed for a repeater on that freq in Naperville, but the license was cancelled back in 2012. Are you positive that it's Nicor that you're hearing, Isaiah?

FWIW, Diga-Talk uses 451.975 (RAN 17) at their DeKalb Site. I see that TGs 202 and 1974 have been reported for Nicor in the database with a RAN 17. Diga-Talk TG 202 was last reported in use by Huskie Line buses (DeKalb). Not sure about TG 1974.

Last edited:

YoShep69

Premium Subscriber
Nicor doesn't appear to have a current license for 451.975. They used to be licensed for a repeater on that freq in Naperville, but the license was cancelled back in 2012. Are you positive that it's Nicor that you're hearing, Isaiah?

FWIW, Diga-Talk uses 451.975 (RAN 17) at their DeKalb Site. I see that TGs 202 and 1974 have been reported for Nicor in the database with a RAN 17. Diga-Talk TG 202 was last reported in use by Huskie Line buses (DeKalb). Not sure about TG 1974.

Greg

YoShep69

Premium Subscriber

Greg

Freq OutFreq InToneCallsignDescriptionCategoryAgency/CountyState
451.97500456.9750017 RAN|TG 1974WNNN539Operations (Eola-DuPage)Nicor Gas (Metro Chicago)
Miscellaneous Utilities
Utilities (Area Wide)IL
451.97500456.9750017 RAN|TG 202WNNN539Operations (Eola-DuPage)Nicor Gas (Metro Chicago)
Miscellaneous Utilities
Utilities (Area Wide)IL

Strange, 451.975 is not listed under the callsign on the FCC site.

Greg

ltginrage

I put all the Nicor freqs listed on the utilites page in the scaner. On Ops 7 which was 451.975 came up as NXDN on the scanner. I didnt check the FCC license. Now that you say that it is the same freq as Diga-Talk that makes alot more sense since I'm in range of one of their towers. I have heard some (small amount) of gas operation talk.

ltginrage

Tonight I'm going through all the Nicor Gas FCC licenses (Approx 71) and putting the freqs into the scanner. Now that I'm checking the most of them are listed as analog. I will report my findings here, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.