NIFC C23 and C24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onelick

100 yards west of the east branch of the Antietam
Any Command repeater numbers higher than 6 is a special repeater made up of frequencies attained from outside NIICD's assigned frequencies. These are temporarily assigned to that incident only for the duration of the incident. The COML decides when to release the frequencies back to NIICD. So, the next time you see C23, you will have different frequencies assigned to it.
Onelick

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Any Command repeater numbers higher than 6 is a special repeater made up of frequencies attained from outside NIICD's assigned frequencies. These are temporarily assigned to that incident only for the duration of the incident. The COML decides when to release the frequencies back to NIICD. So, the next time you see C23, you will have different frequencies assigned to it.
Onelick

You should correct that to any repeater from 13 and above is temporary. NIFC has Commands 1-6 allocated to them. There is no Command 7. Commands 8-12 are NIFOG assigned repeater frequency pairs. These NIFOG frequencies are used very frequently on large fires. NIFC has to keep track of their use on other large, federally involved, incidents such as floods, hurricanes, tornados and such.

I've seen the higher numbered commands used up to 3-4 years later in limited cases. I've seen the repeater output frequencies used in the same area, with a new repeater input using the same command number as the output had 4 years prior. I've seen the same output frequency used with a new Command number a few years later. It's a mixed bag.

Tower5153

Premium Subscriber
The current NIFOG list of the Federal Interoperability Frequencies:

2A4A5FC9-A678-4A09-85B7-18EDF1E5807F.jpeg

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Here's the latest extended NIFC Command Freqs I've noted for 2020, as of 10/20. (Green is 2020, others were noted previous years. You'll also see some with same out, different in, and Cmd32 was popular this year)

1603221703434.png

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Here's the latest extended NIFC Command Freqs I've noted for 2020, as of 10/20. (Green is 2020, others were noted previous years. You'll also see some with same out, different in, and Cmd32 was popular this year)

View attachment 93039

So these were all used in California? I have some additional from other states. I won't be reconciling the various lists and doing a quick enter into the wiki until after the snow flies. I'm up to my armpits on jobs I need to complete before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.