night time friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

OK2BCK

I would love to see a toggle button on this page to switch into dark colors when reading posts in the night. Just ergonomics. I would last longer HAHA.

Thank you

Jan

KC0QNB

You might be able to change your browsers appearance. I know you can globally change the appearance in Windows. Just thought you can change the appearance of this forum in your profile page I think anyway, didn't look ;)

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
OK is probably on to something, kinda like your gps switching to night mode under the appropriate conditions or at the appropriate times. I've just never seen it.

KC0QNB

You can download themes for ff, menu> tools>addons themes tab a link will appear bottom right, takes you to a website for theme downloads.

Shortwavewave

I like this idea too!!

Note that you can not change the page colors exept the boxes that you type in and notifacation windows.

The web page it self is only the colors as to which "lindsey" or the software has been programed

KC0QNB

In the old days 5 years ago, netscape and others had a view menu option that would overide the websites colors, and even turn bright white to gray or even black with light colored text. Lindsey are you reading this?
Give us some options ok

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Firefox has an extension called GreaseMonkey which allows you to write scripts to change the appearance and function of a website. It would take a little learning but it would do what you need. There used to be another extension called Platypus that simplified the editing but I never used it extensively.

The other option is for Lindsay to install an additional vb theme, which if not done right can screw things up so he may be somewhat wary of doing it until he has the time.

Bill_White

You can do by going into the control panel…
Go to your graphics controller properties.
Find the Gamma Correction..
Save the default settings as a scheme = Day
Adjust it to your liking…
Save the settings as a scheme = Night.
Make sure to enable "display propertied on the taskbar" for quickly changing schemes.

OK2BCK

It's working!

Thanks Bill_White and poltergeisty. I have changed my scheme in firefox and it works well, I had no idea that this mod is available. I think that your posts pretty much solving my 'night time friendly' issue.

Thanks again, Jan

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
If you use black as the background and white for text make sure you reverse that when going back to the default scheme of "allowing pages to choose their own colors" Otherwise some pages, notably eBay will look funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.