Nil-Jon Base Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvg911

I have a nil-jon base antenna and I noticed it performs extremely well on UHF and Trunking Systems, anyone else agree? I pick up certain UHF signals full bars that my Diamond Discone completely misses, the Diamond Discone is up higher as well!

Great Overall Antenna! - Plus its low profile!

nycrich

I have quite the opposite. It is a ground plane with 3 vertical elements reasonating in the 144Mhz, 220Mhz & 440Mhz bands( and listed on specs). Therefore I noticed reception other than those bands and using LMR-400 is poor. Low band is also terrible. There is variuos threads on this forum including my review that reception on 800Mhz is minimal. For +$90 it is a waste of money( at least my opinion). I scan Vhf & Mil Aero and performance is marginal. Better of with a disone or Scantenna at half the price.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Ny, I use the SuperM on the car and it kicks but for Civil and Milair. Of course, thats the mobile antenna. If you want to part with your Super M base, PM me.
N9JCQ, Joe

wingman22

whats the best base scanner antenna?

I am looking for the best base scanner antenna for long range ? I live in Colonie NY and just got the new bearcat dig scanner. The antenna that I have works no better than the indoor one. Please help.

Thanks
Chuck B.

N1BHH

wingman22 said:
I am looking for the best base scanner antenna for long range ? I live in Colonie NY and just got the new bearcat dig scanner. The antenna that I have works no better than the indoor one. Please help.

Thanks
Chuck B.

What's the best scanner antenna? Is that a loaded question? You have to experiment to find out what is best for you. A $100 discone may be out-performed by a $50 mag mount. You see, if you ask a question for what's the best, you will get 200 different answers from 200 different people. It's all in the experimenting and experience that tells you what is best for you. You can get suggestions, but what's one man's best, is another man's attenuator.

Status
Not open for further replies.