• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Nine Firefighters injured in NYC explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
4,439
Location
Grand Lake St. Marys Ohio
Fox news is reporting that nine firefighters and 5 others were injured in a building that exploded and colapsed, they are reporting that a Dr. who is going thru a divorce threaten suicide proir to explosion and may have done something to cause explosion. The Dr. was one of the people rescued from the colapsed building............hoser147
 

K9GTJ

Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
612
Location
Kokomo, IN
hoser147 said:
Fox news is reporting that nine firefighters and 5 others were injured in a building that exploded and colapsed, they are reporting that a Dr. who is going thru a divorce threaten suicide proir to explosion and may have done something to cause explosion. The Dr. was one of the people rescued from the colapsed building............hoser147
There were quite impressive images on the news.
 

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
6,126
Location
Point Pleasant Beach, N.J.
Hoser, where do you get that crap? I watched live coverage this morning and so far no details have been released pending investigation. Looks to me all you heard was speculation and the usual sensationalism and jumped the gun while Jeraldo waved the target.

Scram, all I can say is YA-HOOEY.

Now let's all settle down until the facts are known and that will take considerable time. So far other than the usual cuts and scrapes only the doctor was injured and it's not life threatening. He's the only one who can tell what happened and only from his experience, he's not in any shape to give an interview at this point. The cause remains unknown until completion of the investigation and THOSE are the facts up to now.

Chill.
 

PortCop

Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
34
Location
Effingham County, GA
kb2vxa said:
Hoser, where do you get that crap? I watched live coverage this morning and so far no details have been released pending investigation. Looks to me all you heard was speculation and the usual sensationalism and jumped the gun while Jeraldo waved the target.

Scram, all I can say is YA-HOOEY.

Now let's all settle down until the facts are known and that will take considerable time. So far other than the usual cuts and scrapes only the doctor was injured and it's not life threatening. He's the only one who can tell what happened and only from his experience, he's not in any shape to give an interview at this point. The cause remains unknown until completion of the investigation and THOSE are the facts up to now.

Chill.

Sheesh, what a grouch.


Oh, and it is also being reported that he was found barely alive with burns over 70% of his body. I'd hardly call that "not life threatening"
 
Last edited:

jscott02

Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
222
kb2vxa said:
Hoser, where do you get that crap? I watched live coverage this morning and so far no details have been released pending investigation. Looks to me all you heard was speculation and the usual sensationalism and jumped the gun while Jeraldo waved the target.

Scram, all I can say is YA-HOOEY.

Now let's all settle down until the facts are known and that will take considerable time. So far other than the usual cuts and scrapes only the doctor was injured and it's not life threatening. He's the only one who can tell what happened and only from his experience, he's not in any shape to give an interview at this point. The cause remains unknown until completion of the investigation and THOSE are the facts up to now.

Chill.

I believe all he did was report what FOX News was reporting.....apparently, thats enough to upset someone.
 

jeffrey420

Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
357
More importantly!

I would hate to hear that this is true with the suicide attempt and all. It is a damn shame when brave men and women have to risk their live just because someone can't cope with life.

I have a couple of friends who are Firefighters, and would hate to lose any of them through a cowardess act.

Still I am very Thankful that we have many Brave men and women, who risk their lives everyday to come to our aid in times of need!

This Bud's for you!!!
 

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
6,126
Location
Point Pleasant Beach, N.J.
Hi again,

"I believe all he did was report what FOX News was reporting.....apparently, thats enough to upset someone."

Yup, and I'm not the only one upset over the tripe that Faux News reports. It's coming up on 5:00 so I'm going over to WNBC-4 and let you know what it's all about soon.
 

jeffrey420

Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
357
kb2vxa said:
Hi again,

"I believe all he did was report what FOX News was reporting.....apparently, thats enough to upset someone."

Yup, and I'm not the only one upset over the tripe that Faux News reports. It's coming up on 5:00 so I'm going over to WNBC-4 and let you know what it's all about soon.

If they don't tell you what you want to hear, change the channel til you find someone who will.
 

PortCop

Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
34
Location
Effingham County, GA
ALL the NY networks are reporting the same thing.............what was originally reported.

From NewsChannel4.com the NY NBC affiliate:

NEW YORK -- A four-story building on Manhattan's Upper East Side collapsed into a pile of rubble Monday after a thunderous explosion that hurled fireballs high into the sky and left the block covered in bricks, broken glass and splintered wood.

Authorities said they were investigating whether the gas explosion was the result of a suicide attempt by a doctor who owned the building and was going through a bitter divorce.

A police official with direct knowledge of the case told The Associated Press that the man recently sent out a rambling e-mail to his wife in which he contemplated suicide and said, "You will be transformed from gold digger to ash and rubble digger." The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

Authorities said at least 15 people were injured in Monday's explosion, including five civilians and 10 firefighters.

The doctor, 66-year-old Nicholas Bartha, was pulled from the rubble after talking with authorities from his phone while buried in the wreckage, fire commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta said. Bartha and one passer-by suffered severe injuries; the remaining injuries were minor.
 
Last edited:

jeffrey420

Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
357
PortCop said:
ALL the NY networks are reporting the same thing.............what was originally reported.

I guess there is some foundation to the story after all. It's a damn shame!
 

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
6,126
Location
Point Pleasant Beach, N.J.
Back again,

In a nut shell, the doctor is in critical condion, a total of 15 injured. The firefighters suffered from the usual heat and smoke, one cut on the neck in a fall but not serious. As reported this morning the NYFD suspects a gas explosion and the possibility exists it was triggered by the doctor in a suicide attempt. This remains speculation and Mayor Bloomberg is furious calling it "rumors".

The report speculates the explosion was more than a suicide attempt, he intended to destroy the property to prevent his wife from collecting a million dollar divorce settlement. No official word pending further investigation, but on the face of it things appear a likely possibility, draw your own conclusions.

The story may be found at http://www.wnbc.com/news/9490570/detail.html for a local perspective from a reliable news source.
 

jeffrey420

Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
357
I do believe we should wait until all information is invetigated before we draw conclusions about the doctor.

I also believe that someone should not be blasted, for passing along second hand information. This was disclosed at the start of the thread that I read.

While competition is inspiring to many people's lives. Competition amongst teammates is the root to failure. Just look at the country today.
 

Caesar

Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2005
Messages
188
Location
Cayce, SC
hoser147 said:
OUt of RESPECT for a fellow RR member I dont think it is nessesary. Good Scannin hoser147
heh, good guy hoser, guess the other guy rolled off the wrong side of the bed today....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top