NJ Aircraft Monitoring Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

OK, here's my first-draft of what I'm putting together for my small circle of friends that are in to aircraft monitoring.

If you guys have any corrections & additions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Also - Much thanks to PHL_Approach for helping me straighten-out NY's departure layout... :D

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Scott, this is an intriuging first step. The airports in the NY/NJ area are not well documented anywhere (apart from the FLIP)- even here on RR - so any additional data you can come up with would be helpful. In particular, any of the milair equivalents for the big 3 (Laguardia, Newark, JFK) - where the database here is particularly thin - would also be very helpful.

You do have several possible targets - and a few places (apart from the NJ and NY forums here) where you might be able to get some help.

A really useful target might be the NY and Philly TRACONs. (To my knowledge, there's no definitive listing of freq usage for them)

We do have a few items on the database and Wiki that might give you a start...

The 177th FW out of Atlantic City:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/NJ_ANG_177th_Fighter_Wing

The NY ARTCC:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=2246

McGuire AFB:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=2877

Philadelphia Intl Airport:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=1235

I'd suggest to keep maintenance down that you simply link to these pages in your document, rather than wholesale copying them.

Now depending on whether you're covering the entire state, or just starting off in the south, there's a few Yahoo groups where you might be able to get some help, for example;

NNJ-Scan (for northern NJ)
ScanCom (NYC and metro area)
Phillyscanner (Philadelphia, Southern NJ and parts of Delaware)

In fact, Joe Cardani edits an EBook for the Philly area that might be of some use - you can get in touch with him via the Phillyscanner group.

That oughta be enough to keep you busy for awhile :D

I travel back into NJ on a regular basis (I still have family in Bergen County), so I do have some interest in this.

Good luck with what could be a very worthwhile project. 73s Mike

W2SJW

Database Admin
Thanks for the numerous suggestions!

I wasn't planning any MilAir coverage, as none of the local group of guys has a receiver capable of that besides myself.

BTW, I completely forgot about doing live hyperlinks in PDF files... ;)

PHL_Approach

Scott, looks very nice. Though I just wanted to give you a few suggestions, I noticed you have 20.4 under Liberty. That's still under the "LGA Area" in the Tracon. Seperate from Liberty. A bit like how the "Newark Departure" is not with the Liberty Sectors. I also noticed you have 127.4 under departures. Technically speaking that sector "CAMRN" wasn't created for departures, but as a feeder for the CAMRN Arrivals. As far as Philly sectors go, I added most of those listed on RR with the real world sector names along with some discrete sectors that wern't listed anywhere and then someone came along and started screwing with the listing, idk.

Final Vectors One: 125.4
Final Vectors Two: 132.67
North Arrival: 128.4
South Arrival: 126.6
Pottstown: 126.85 (Satellite Sector)
Yardley: 123.8 (Satellite Sector)
Woodstown: 127.35 (Satellite Sector)
Dupont: 118.35 (Satellite Sector)
North Departure: 124.35
South Departure: 119.75
North High: 126.07
South High: 125.12

I have the Video Maps for all the sectors if you wanna see them. I'll have to upload them somewhere. My friends from the Tracon got me the SOP last year, Im working on getting any updates.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Thanks for the heads-up! I've also already seen some things I need to change/update myself.

Also, since I'm a database admin for NJ & PA, I can fix anything you need adjusted to the listings here. Just send me the stuff in a PM...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.