NJ Brush Fire Reports 4/9/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I am currently in Florida and don't had access to any radio comm from NJ. According to the facebook Group Jersey Shore Hurricane News there are SEVERAL in the state. I would like to know if you can confirm any of them. Thank you

--- Cape May County ---
Working brush fire with potential exposure to structures in the area of West Spruce Avenue in North Wildwood. Command has requested mutual aid tankers. - Jersey Shore Hurricane News

--- Burlington County ---
Woodland/Tabernacle (CONFIRMED via ABC7

--- Somerset County ---
There is a working brush/dock fire in the area of Sweetwater Lane (in the marshy land near Raritan Center) in Edison. - Jersey Shore Hurricane News

--- Ocean County ---
The Fort Dix brush fire (sparking in the area of Range 14) that Ryan reported about 50 minutes ago is growing rapidly. Currently consuming 150-200 acres, according to radio transmissions, there is a call for significant mutual aid response at this time, especially tankers. - Jersey Shore Hurricane News

--- Sussex County ---
Off Woodland Road in Franklin (Sussex County). It is reportedly "large." - Jersey Shore Hurricane News

--- Monmouth County ---
Off Igoe Road in Morganville. PD is reporting that brush is burning on either side of the road. - Jersey Shore Hurricane News

w2xq

Mentor
I can confirm Burlington County x 2: Tabernacle/Woodland and Fort Dix/Range 14. As I type this right now two NJFFS aerial tankers are lining up to dump on the Tabernacle/Woodland fire. I'm about 3 miles from the first, 6 from the second, fire. Also see the Burlington County Times newspaper phillyBurbs.com : Burlington County Times for some video. Winds are 30-40 mph out of the West, expected to continue through this evening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.