NJ First Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLeaper

WB2HKK
Premium Subscriber
I'm using a BCD996P2. If I program the First Energy Matawan site as a ' P25 system ', I hear nothing. When I program the 4 frequencies as ' conventional ', I hear all traffic fine. All my other P25 sites work. Is there some special programming needed for First Energy?

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Interesting. Matawan does not show a CC in the RR database. I also dont see the Somerville site listed nor the Millstone one....

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Interesting. Matawan does not show a CC in the RR database. I also dont see the Somerville site listed nor the Millstone one....

You might want to sleuth out Millstone and Somerville. If they are online, capture all of the relevant info and submit it. that's how it makes it into the database. If it hasn't been confirmed online by direct monitoring, it's not in the DB.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
You might want to sleuth out Millstone and Somerville. If they are online, capture all of the relevant info and submit it. that's how it makes it into the database. If it hasn't been confirmed online by direct monitoring, it's not in the DB.
Already in the works. Somerville is a co-lo shelter so just need to get the freqs off the GTR's and do some listening. Millstone has an outdoor cabinet...thats gonna be a little tougher to figure out. Or I can get lazy and check ULS 1st then head down there and confirm

W2SJW

Database Admin
I never hear ANYTHING off the Harmony site up here. I'm getting the idea that the system is not simulcast - towers only carry traffic that units are actively affiliated to (and almost no one seems to ever affiliate to Harmony).

I was even listening in the aftermath of Isaias...

elias1988

Feed Provider
I agree with that when watching the system on Unitrunker,I see some radios affiliate to Morristown DCC on the Oyster Creek site. Was lucky enough the other day to ID the Berkeley channel since a truck was on the wrong channel.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I can pick them up off the Oyster Creek site fine here in Toms River. When it first went on the air, reception was awful in the northern Ocean area.

RadioNerd90

Deactivated
I was bored. I just submitted all this. Matawan 51 site. It's at the Freneau Substation at 62 Wilson Road.

1600543235381.png1600543272210.png

1600543314336.png

Only properties it's transmitting is the NAC and that's right in the database. I'm probably going to run over to Freehold since it's also missing info.

RadioNerd90

Deactivated
Upper Freehold / Cream Ridge / New Egypt. Site 52. I have submitted this.

1600547904972.png

1600547929088.png

1600547953604.png

The control channel is 938.450, and the alternate is 939.175. The NAC is correct. The peers are 35, 51, 53, & 55.

The correct coordinates are 40.10639, -74.48053. The site is in the Cream Ridge section of Upper Freehold on a multiuser tower belonging to American Tower Corporation. American Tower Corporation call it their New Egypt Site according to the signs on the gates.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Navesink and Lakewood need their peers filled in. Kinnelon and Cherryville need Unitrunker treatment to correct their control channel data. They're not all control channels.

Chop, chop @RadioNerd90...lol.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Submitted the balance of @RadioNerd90's work tonight for him. The entire New Jersey portion of the system should now be complete with all peers, correct frequencies, and any other missing/error details. Corrected today were Matawan, Upper Freehold, Berkeley Heights, Cherryville, Kinnelon, Navesink and Lambertville. Nice work little bro.

Not sure why someone changed JCP&L in the system categories to "JCP and L" but I submitted a correction for that also.

I never hear ANYTHING off the Harmony site up here. I'm getting the idea that the system is not simulcast - towers only carry traffic that units are actively affiliated to (and almost no one seems to ever affiliate to Harmony).

FWIW, Sean was saying he was seeing affiliations to both Morristown DCC and Holmdel DCC on Lambertville and Navesink, but didn't see both on Kinnelon or Berkeley Heights. So that would seem to lend creedence to that.

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

GM

Premium Subscriber
I was going to work on this system when I return from vacation tomorrow, but you guys beat me to the punch. Thanks for the teamwork and database submissions. I remember doing this for the PSE&G TRS (analog and digital), traveling to all of the sites, waiting for them to come on-line, and confirming the talkgroups though the multiple connections I had in various Divisions. When we all work together, we all benefit from our findings, and I would like to take the time to personally thank everyone again for the contributions.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I was going to work on this system when I return from vacation tomorrow, but you guys beat me to the punch. Thanks for the teamwork and database submissions. I remember doing this for the PSE&G TRS (analog and digital), traveling to all of the sites, waiting for them to come on-line, and confirming the talkgroups though the multiple connections I had in various Divisions. When we all work together, we all benefit from our findings, and I would like to take the time to personally thank everyone again for the contributions.

The radio hobby isn't a spectator sport and isn't all about armchair listening (Shrug). I guess @RadioNerd90 and I growing up as hams in a radio geek family who were always out doing portable operations we're just used to it. More fun seeing the transmitter sites and calling CQ from a mountain top than sitting in a chair in the shack.

Plus...I mean honestly, after these systems are found, investigated, and have been listed in the database for a year or more there always just becomes an unconscious assumption that everything is good. But changes happen or details fall by the wayside. They need to be checked from time to time.

Seriously though, you should hit the road @GM, the ones not listed above need to be checked again for changes.

RadioNerd90

Deactivated

It's all good. That's how you get stuff done.

Plus...I mean honestly, after these systems are found, investigated, and have been listed in the database for a year or more there always just becomes an unconscious assumption that everything is good. But changes happen or details fall by the wayside. They need to be checked from time to time.

That's why RadioDitch and I attacked the NJICS and the State Police system when he was home this summer. A bunch of sites had changes in neighbors, frequencies, there were mergers of sites and new sites. Nobody even knows how long some of the database was wrong for the 800 NJSP system. I still need to check the Buena and Port Elizabeth IR sites too if you're bored @GM.

@GTR8000 gets a ton of credit too for being "mission control" for RadioDitch and I.

Seriously though, you should hit the road @GM, the ones not listed above need to be checked again for changes.

Definitely go for some drives @GM. Lakewood needs it's peers filled in and most of the sites are missing their Site Location descriptions in their detail columns. I'm deadshot sure too that Lambertville is somewhere other than where the license and database show it. I sat at the gate in the driveway and only had an -65 to -55 RSSI on Unitrunker with the high-gainer on the roof so it's definitely not on Rocktown-Lambertville Road at the substation.

RadioNerd90

Deactivated
For the record too the Cherryville site is really cranking out a signal. At the end of the driveway the signal was a -18 on the strong end. I didn't even have the gain on the Airspy that high in Unitrunker.

I also dont see the Somerville site listed nor the Millstone one....

Guess I know what I'm doing today then. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.