NJ PIP Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetdoc1521

Premium Subscriber
Are NJ PIP Police and MICCOMM still on NJICS? I live in Rockland County, and monitor the West Orange simulcast, Alpine, and Ramapo and haven’t heard them for quite some time. If they were encrypted I should be hearing it as such, but I get no hits on these TG. Any suggestions?

NParkNJ

On the Road
Still active on Ramapo.

albeit, they are a bit quiet. Hearing them on/off usually later in the evening, no encryption currently.

Streetdoc1521

Premium Subscriber
Still active on Ramapo.

albeit, they are a bit quiet. Hearing them on/off usually later in the evening, no encryption currently.
I’ll have to keep an eye out. I’m not sure why I’m missing their traffic.

miccom dispatch is still elusive. But I’ve noticed they’re coming up on USAI TG.

NParkNJ

On the Road
I’ll have to keep an eye out. I’m not sure why I’m missing their traffic.

miccom dispatch is still elusive. But I’ve noticed they’re coming up on USAI TG.

Yeah PIP has been pretty quiet. But active....

As for MICCOM, yes, they’re on UASI, as are a few other EMS agencies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
And less traffic on the roads....although they are known to stop anything that moves.

And holding on like a starving rabid pitbull to anything that won't stop moving. lol. That '15 chase up onto the Turnpike will go down in North Jersey history... (y)

Streetdoc1521

Premium Subscriber
I understand the lack of traffic in the roads and parks, but I haven’t gotten a hit with them in about a year. Lol

Streetdoc1521

Premium Subscriber
Check your programming then. You have the correct TG in? And its not locked out? They are active and in the clear.
I get great reception off of Alpine and Ramapo. Clear reception on other talk groups that affiliate. I don’t see anything locked out, the ID match the database. I even scan it as ID search to be sure. Nothing. I used to hear them all the time.

NParkNJ

On the Road
I get great reception off of Alpine and Ramapo. Clear reception on other talk groups that affiliate. I don’t see anything locked out, the ID match the database. I even scan it as ID search to be sure. Nothing. I used to hear them all the time.

not sure then. Their TG is the same, and active.

Maybe someone else can chime in.

Streetdoc1521

Premium Subscriber
Funny thing, with my new found free time I figured I’d solve this sooner than later. Apparently, a control channel was changed on Ramapo, which was probably why I’ve had little activity from that site. And apparently, when in ID search mode in the 996P2, and tagged or programmed TG are effectively locked out. As soon as I deleted the groups of tagged TG, their ID suddenly appeared. I also removed some systems that are generally busier and probably overwhelm the scanner, causing missed transmissions.

No if I can just get the Bergen County system and new Orange County system to cooperate…

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Apparently, a control channel was changed on Ramapo, which was probably why I’ve had little activity from that site.
The primary control channel has not changed, so the one frequency change wouldn't have any affect on scanning that site.

And apparently, when in ID search mode in the 996P2, and tagged or programmed TG are effectively locked out. As soon as I deleted the groups of tagged TG, their ID suddenly appeared.
That's not how ID Search works. It will open up for any talkgroup, programmed or not, as long as they are not explicitly locked out or in groups that are turned off. If programmed talkgroups are not being heard, either in ID Scan or ID Search mode, then you need to check your programming to make sure talkgroups weren't locked out or groups weren't turned off.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Most of traffic on Alpine , but once in a while on Ramapo still

This past weekend as the park opened Patrols made comments like ..." Did you get that stolen car out of Clarkstown..." "yes got it"
later on a traffic stop of a jeep another unit (or desk) stated about a similar vehicle wanted out of NYC shooting.

? Do the NJ units have Rockland radio access?
and how are they getting NYC info,
towns in East Bergen, or Northern valley never advised their units ....

?? Park security units - what are they using for a channel. A PD unit ask another what the radio ID was for 2 at the lookout ,t said it was units 117&118 PD switched channels but nothing heard on 700 or vhf, unless they are on the VHF maintenance??
what say you's

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Then which TG's are they using if or when they need to contact Rockland Co units?
They have the standard out-of-county LE lineup. They transmit on County TG, and also have access to PD Special Ops, as well as the four Interop TGs. They also scan SP Haverstraw (among others), but no TX on that TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.