NJ State Park Police - Sandy Hook & IBSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentley

Hey Gang . . . I've been seeing NJ State Park Police actively patrolling the areas I fish, Island Beach State Park in seaside, and Sandy Hook in Monmouth County (maybe its the US park police in sandy hook?) Anyone have a channel lineup for them? I searched the database and nothing came up, unless I'm just missing it??

Thanks

DJ88

Gateway National Recreation Area (Sandy Hook):
169.4000 - Park Police & Fire Dispatch - P25 Digital
168.3500 - Lifeguards - P25 Digital

Island Beach State Park
Conventional Frequencies:
151.1900 PL 179.9 - Park Police Main (DEP Channel 1)
159.3000 PL 179.9 - Park Police Unit to Unit (DEP Channel 2)
159.4050 PL 179.9 - Lifeguards
159.4650 PL 179.9 - Maintenance (DEP Channel 5)

State Police Trunk System
Talk Group 24636 - Park Police Main
Talk Group 24688 - Park Police Ops

I don't monitor Island Beach often, so I don't know if the Park Police there still use the conventional frequencies or if they've switched over to the State Police trunk system, or maybe they use both. Unless someone can confirm, you should program both. You can program the talk groups into the Troop C system if you have it programmed.

Devilz311

Park PD used to use channel 5 at IBSP a few years back when they were the Park Rangers. Every time i've been there this year I kept the VHF Parks PD channel on, and haven't heard a thing. I'm pretty sure they use the trunked TG exclusively.

They probably still have the VHF channels in the vehicles in case they have to communicate with the lifeguards.

elias1988

Feed Provider
I remember last year when they were searching IBSP for that missing woman the off road vehicles (razors) had radios in them and they weren't trunked. If in fact they are using the trunking channels I will add it to my feed since I had a request for IBSP to be added.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Here's the scoop: the NJ State Parks Police Dept. uses the NJSP Trunked Radio [Talkgroups assigned to them] as their main communications throughout the State now with Trenton Dispatch. The primary talk group used is the "Parks PD" channel, then "Parks PD Ops." When those talk groups are busy, they may either use StateCom1 or 2 for large scale events (like the recent Air Show at Liberty State Park) or the NJSP talk-around channels 1 or 2. Or, they may choose to utilize the VHF channels as in the past. Most likely, they will use either Channel 5 (Parks) for on-site coordination, or the local Channel 1 Repeater (depending on their location in the State). They may also use Channel 2 (DEP Simplex) for other tactical or on-scene use, like Island Beach State Park use to. When all else fails, they revert to State cellular phone use for private messages or communications failure. The Parks Police personnel normally wear both the 800 MHz trunked portable and a VHF portable on their belts, and have a mobile VHF radio in the vehicle, with a charger for the trunked radio to charge at all times.

With the NPS Sandy Hook Unit, a few folks discovered a couple of months ago that the switch to digital was (finally) made. They have had the equipment for it for at least five years, but my guess is the repeater equipment was not in place yet. While on a search-and-find frequency mission that I often perform, I wanted to verify whether the old Channel 2 (172.6000 PL 151.4) was in use for the Lifeguards. And so the story goes, that channel changed frequencies as well with the change-over. I discovered some talk on 168.35000 NAC 225, and verified it with communication on the primary channel (169.4000 NAC 225). Be aware that right after the switch to P25 digital, a few of the units were still using 169.4000 in analog mode, while the Rangers were using digital mode. So, that leaves me with an educated guess that they can revert to analog mode if digital mode fails. I'm not positive on that, just a guess. I also have no clue if 172.6000 is still programmed in the radios or not.

scannersnstuff

with regard's to sandy hook. i believe that 168.350 used to be the maintenance channel. this may have changed. i never verified the lifeguard frequency. i also seem to remember reading somewhere <maybe here> that sandy hook was disabling their analog repeater, and switching all unit's to digital. i will be the first to say that police communication's drive me nut's & mainly can't stand listening to them. after the hook went digital. i did listen for awhile. i was curious to monitor a full time digital frequency to see what it sounded like. they are l/c. i also have heard non law enforcement unit's up on their channel. i also monitored a fire call on there.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
with regard's to sandy hook. i believe that 168.350 used to be the maintenance channel. this may have changed. i never verified the lifeguard frequency. i also seem to remember reading somewhere <maybe here> that sandy hook was disabling their analog repeater, and switching all unit's to digital. i will be the first to say that police communication's drive me nut's & mainly can't stand listening to them. after the hook went digital. i did listen for awhile. i was curious to monitor a full time digital frequency to see what it sounded like. they are l/c. i also have heard non law enforcement unit's up on their channel. i also monitored a fire call on there.

That's interesting, I receive 168.350 here in Ct. with a 167 NAC on it and it sounds like it is in NJ. I think there may be two agencies on there now... :)
I imagine the Lifeguards would use low power simplex so they wouldn't interfere.
Bob

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

confirming that the 166.775 mhz fq. is the input to 169.400. i used to believe that this was the fire paging & op's fq. i went to high school with a guy that WAS a dispatcher there. year's after high school,when i asked him for the frequency for there, he got all crappy with me for asking for it. unless they have changed it, they used to give the 166.775 fq. at midnight,when i.d.'ing the station.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
confirming that the 166.775 mhz fq. is the input to 169.400. i used to believe that this was the fire paging & op's fq. i went to high school with a guy that WAS a dispatcher there. year's after high school,when i asked him for the frequency for there, he got all crappy with me for asking for it. unless they have changed it, they used to give the 166.775 fq. at midnight,when i.d.'ing the station.

Ok thanks for the confirmation. Not that there is any purpose to listen to the input all the way out here in Ct., but it I did find it odd that the dispatch uses a lot of power just to get into the repeater. I don't know how far the dispatch transmitter is from the nearest receiver for the repeater, but for me to hear the dispatch transmit from this distance is odd I thought. I found the freq during an overnight NAC search.
Bob

scannersnstuff

Ok thanks for the confirmation. Not that there is any purpose to listen to the input all the way out here in Ct., but it I did find it odd that the dispatch uses a lot of power just to get into the repeater. I don't know how far the dispatch transmitter is from the nearest receiver for the repeater, but for me to hear the dispatch transmit from this distance is odd I thought. I found the freq during an overnight NAC search.
Bob

well i think the reason you're picking them up is because i believe <unverified> that they may have a mobile relay atop eastpointe condos in highlands n.j. eastpointe is adjacent to mount mitchell scenic overlook <part of the monmouth county n.j. park's system. it is the highest natural point on the mid atlantic seaboard. see info here : Highest Point on the Atlantic Seaboard Marker . a monitoring trip there is very much an adventure. you can hear much of,nj,ny,ct & part's of pa <?>. or farther. it is 266 feet above sea level. it overlook's sandy hook bay, and offer's a great view of the nyc skyline, and sandy hook. you can actually pick off the tower portion of conversation's from kennedy airport with a hand held scanner & portable antenna. hope this help's.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
well i think the reason you're picking them up is because i believe <unverified> that they may have a mobile relay atop eastpointe condos in highlands n.j. eastpointe is adjacent to mount mitchell scenic overlook <part of the monmouth county n.j. park's system. it is the highest natural point on the mid atlantic seaboard. see info here : Highest Point on the Atlantic Seaboard Marker . a monitoring trip there is very much an adventure. you can hear much of,nj,ny,ct & part's of pa <?>. or farther. it is 266 feet above sea level. it overlook's sandy hook bay, and offer's a great view of the nyc skyline, and sandy hook. you can actually pick off the tower portion of conversation's from kennedy airport with a hand held scanner & portable antenna. hope this help's.

Yes thanks. I may just take a trip there. Looks nice.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.