NJ Task Force 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Anyone know what is going on? Hearing a lot of radio traffic on 58480. It doesn't sound like a drill.

I looked on nj.com and news12.com and there was nothing about a incident.

mikeynnj

I thought the same thing but then i saw something on news 12 about 400 search and rescue being trained at newark fire academy.

SCPD

QRT
I thought the same thing but then i saw something on news 12 about 400 search and rescue being trained at newark fire academy.

I must of missed it. This was just posted on twitter.

Attachments

• HootSuite.png
    HootSuite.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 547

mikeynnj

You would think they would announce one in a while that it's a drill. Sounded very real listening to it.

SCPD

QRT
You would think they would announce one in a while that it's a drill. Sounded very real listening to it.

I've participated in multi-agency drills and during the briefing prior, they had always told us to say "this is a drill" and the end of each transmission.

ShoreBullets

The task force doesnt generally do that, due the the channels they operate on are not common channels and do not have a ton of listeners

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
Brevard County did a firefighter
down drill last week. They didnt announce it and their diligent scanner listeners and fire buffs sent all kinds of messages out on Twitter.

Took about an hour to figure out it was only a drill.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ShoreBullets

If everyone involved in the drill know its a drill, then why does it matter if some people unaffiliated with the services running the drill hear it? that some guys with scanners jumped the gun further illustrates why so many agencies are moving to encrypted systems

Status
Not open for further replies.