NJ transit buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

transitman

No, buses operated by NJTransit Bus Operations do not use the trunked system. Two of the frequencies (857 & 859.3875) are set up as conventional channels. You should also program the input frequencies (812 & 814.3875). The frequencies are simplex, therefore you will not hear the mobile unit transmitting unless you have the input frequencies programmed and are in close proximity to the transmitting unit.

On the trunked system you'll hear the River Line, Academy Buses operating in South Jersey and some NJT Police communications.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Thanks
There still is a lot of type 1 radios in use. New Jersey Transit has not made up their mind exactly what they're going do in the future when it comes to radio equipment.
There was some talk of them merging with the New Jersey State Police 800 Mhz system, or even using the New Jersey Public Safety Interoperability Communications (PSIC) Network. I am talking about the south end of the system not the North.
IIRC they were looking into TETRA for use on North, does anyone know if that is on the air yet?

No, buses operated by NJTransit Bus Operations do not use the trunked system. Two of the frequencies (857 & 859.3875) are set up as conventional channels. You should also program the input frequencies (812 & 814.3875). The frequencies are simplex, therefore you will not hear the mobile unit transmitting unless you have the input frequencies programmed and are in close proximity to the transmitting unit.

On the trunked system you'll hear the River Line, Academy Buses operating in South Jersey and some NJT Police communications.
I forgot about that, your right. I still listen to them but it gets annoying hearing the dispatchers talking down to the bus drivers all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.