NJ Transit PD at Atlantic City Rail Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

According to the RR DB, I noticed that they are still listed as 161.370 (same active frequency that they use in Newark Penn). Did the admins forget to deprecate this one, or is it still still active in Atlantic City? I know that NJ Transit PD at the AC Bus Terminal are completely on NJICS, but what about at the AC Rail Terminal? I believe that AC Rail Terminal is also connected with the Convention Center, so do they also have the Convention Center Security channel in their radios to communicate? Just something I was thinking about.

I am taking the River Line to Pennsauken Transit Center to transfer to the Atlantic City Rail Line and was just wondering if there are ANY analog frequencies that may still be of interest to monitor along that route? I am assuming the AC Line Conductors are still on 161.400? I doubt there would be anything to be picked up on the River Line (I think they are totally on TRBO now).

SCPD

QRT
I still hear NJ transit PD on that frequency up in North NJ,its not dead.Yes I have seen the TG's on 700mhz....

Analogrules

I just threw it in my scanner for the heck of it, while I am here in AC. Not doing too much scanning while I'm here though.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
NJTransit Police still maintain all their VHF gear, with primary communications on the NJICS. They still use VHF sparingly where there are coverage issues, or non-routine traffic.

Rail Operations remain in the AAR Band, and aren't going anywhere (except eventually NXDN Digital).

jaymatt1978

I have to say if I were a data base admin I'd be extremely weary of deprecating ANY rail frequencies simply because they've moved to the NJICS system. I think APX and other companies are making dual, even multiple band radios, so even though they might use the NICS primarily they still have VHF capabilities

Analogrules

Ok, I agree. If those VHF frequencies are still in their radios, then they shouldn't be deprecated. But, if they are only used for backup, then that should still be appropriately marked.

Analogrules

Actually, I see the problem now. I just noticed a double listing in the db. One says "NJ Railroads" and the other "New Jersey Railroads". Not sure why there is a double listing. Under one link, it shows 161.370 in AC as a regular PD frequency without indicating back up use only. This is something the admins probably need to correct.

W2SJW

Database Admin
One all the updated railroad changes are finally added to 'New Jersey Railroads', the 'NJ Railroads' section will be purged completely.

This is part of the nationwide update to each state's railroad section being done by PJH.

Analogrules

VHF Antennas Still On Transit PD Cars In AC

I am sorry for rehashing an old thread, but just wanted to confirm that the VHF antennas are still on the NJ Transit PD cars in Atlantic City. Therefore, even now, those old police frequencies are most likely still in their radios (probably to communicate with the train conductors on the AC Line if needed).

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Do not forget that SPEN is still in use and thus, if for nothing else...they will have VHF in the cars to have interop capabilities with other agencies. Of course being able to listen in on the AAR channels that are used by the different lines is part of the purpose as well.

mondaro

Feed Provider
NJTransit Police still maintain all their VHF gear, with primary communications on the NJICS. They still use VHF sparingly where there are coverage issues, or non-routine traffic.

Rail Operations remain in the AAR Band, and aren't going anywhere (except eventually NXDN Digital).

This is why moderators SHOULD NOT remove the older freqs and tones when a department moves
to PSIC many still maintain there older systems one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.