• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

nj transit pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse3256

anyone know where there towers are located because they come in full quieting in the toms river area?? Very, very interesting to listen to.

If you mean 160.83, I believe they're simulcasting from multiple sites; when I'm on the GSP near Route 280, I can hear a hetrodyne.

Here's a list of their licensed transmit locations. I'm not sure which sites are being used on a daily basis. I live in Bergen County and can hear the signal(s), but it/they doesn't register that well on my 'S' meter.

My guess is that the main site is Holmdel, with remote receivers spread elsewhere, and the ability to kick in whatever other site they want to with the push of a button.

Atlantic City
Berlin
Glen Gardner
High Bridge
Holmdel
Hoboken
Mays Landing
Plainsboro
Roxbury Township

Status
Not open for further replies.