NJ Turnpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

comspec

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I frequently have to drive the Turnpike from one end to the other. I programmed what I thought would give me end to end coverage but I frequently find many dead spots. Don't remember the exact mile posts, but I do recall that it gets very quite from Exit 10 to 11 and around 3 and 4. Does anyone else who travels the turnpike notice these deadspots or am I missing a frequency or two? Any recommendations on the best way to program the TP for end to end coverage?

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm not on the NJTP that often, but I have noticed dead spots up near Newark. I was stuck in traffic about a year ago and tried to find out what was going on, but my scanner kept saying "Finding Control Channel" and I heard nothing.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
From exit 1-7A is 2 com south simulcast, 7A-14 is 1-com on the central simulcast and 14-18 is 3-com on the north simulcast. I travel 14A going north to the end often, I don't head south to much. I have all three simulcast sites programed and use GPS to turn on and off the different channels for the turnpike. It works out well.
All the NJSPD radio info can be found here: New Jersey State PD 800 Mhz Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.