NJ utilities - PSE&G

Status
Not open for further replies.

albuser

got wife uniden home patrol for xmas. set on utilities - pse&g, dont hear anything. its all set automatically i think. what am i missing?

ff75

the only thing I can say is just check again to make sure the utility service is selected also make sure the Atten is off and doesn't have the red dot on. Also if none of that works try everything over. Make sure the database is up to date along with the firmware. Then make a new favorites list for PSEG and make sure the utilities service is selected.
If all of that doesn't work repost this in the NJ forum and maybe someone else can pin pint the issue for you

albuser

PSE&G utilities

Can anyone help me receive the utilities channels for PSE&G? I'm in burl county with the unbidden hp1. Says it should get them but isn't. Utilities service checked, range ok, no reception. Don't know why.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Albuser, I've merged your two threads and deleted one thread.

Please do not post the same topic to multiple forums. It's known as a cross-post and is against the sites rules.

Please take time to review the stickied thread at the top of the forum which explains the rule. Thanks.

Hope you get the help you need.

AC2OY

Did you go into your profile and check off the service types( utilities) you wish to monitor? I made that mistake early on...along with a great many other...LOL

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I don't hear them either, even though reasonably close to Moorestown. I think a lot of comms go via tablets, not voice.

Power outage updates are automatically updated on their website. The outage I reported yesterday appeared in a few minutes, and updated the number of customers out as work went on. Pretty neat automated stuff, IMHO.

SCPD

QRT
no

I think it has a hard time picking the PSEG up,I had the homepatrol and I needed to have the Outdoor antenna connected to receive this system.I also had to have it set for ID SEARCH.You will hear gas leaks and the such...Check the frequencies ,make sure they are all in there.It does work,I hear it in Clifton,NJ,most of the time they are active during the day- 9-5PM .Take out talkgroups away from your area,I also say most traffic is focused in Central New Jersey for electrical.Talking about generators going down.Heard em yesterday,so it is active on my GRE PSR-800.

Make sure you are getting the control channel 1st!
Note William Paterson shares this site so lock them out too!
also note all my home patrol service types were ON,if you have EXTREME upgrade you can check its service type.(should be utilities)

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I have to use a commercial radio with a 12 element yagi to receive this system. My scanners can barely hear this system even with the same antenna setup on both radios. My guess is that the scanners are not very sensitive on 900MHz.

W2IRT

I've heard them on rare occasions in West Caldwell, and always very weak. Not just that, but the electricity talkgroup activity is in highly structured phraseology unique to the industry, locking out or restoring circuits, etc. Unless you're familiar with their terminology you probably won't get anything useful out of it. I've never heard casual banter or plain-language dispatches on a PS Electric group, and that was in the Sandy aftermath and Irene aftermath when our region was down for weeks (we were very lucky and only down for a day or two each time).

Status
Not open for further replies.