NJICS and SDS200

ND3U

Montgomery County, PA Broadcastify stream
Feed Provider
What special trick(s) do I need to perform to get the NJICS database to work in my SDS200 and 996P2? I remember receiving an error message saying something about a limit to how many talkgroups or something along those lines. Is it even worth it to get it working properly since I just moved to Phillipsburg, Warren County? Not sure if I can receive this on the telescoping antenna (all I have at the moment until I am able to figure out how to mount an outside antenna without the HOA kicking my door in and busting me up). I have the 996p2 inside and the SDS200 in my vehicle since I'm coming from Montgomery County, PA and it's 800mhz there and most of the surrounding counties,

bunangst

What special trick(s) do I need to perform to get the NJICS database to work in my SDS200 and 996P2? I remember receiving an error message saying something about a limit to how many talkgroups or something along those lines. Is it even worth it to get it working properly since I just moved to Phillipsburg, Warren County? Not sure if I can receive this on the telescoping antenna (all I have at the moment until I am able to figure out how to mount an outside antenna without the HOA kicking my door in and busting me up). I have the 996p2 inside and the SDS200 in my vehicle since I'm coming from Montgomery County, PA and it's 800mhz there and most of the surrounding counties,

I can't comment on the scanner models, but you should be able to receive the NJICS system in and around Phillipsburg with no issues. You will need to program the Hunterdon Simulcast which has subsites in Easton, PA and on Montana Mountain in Harmony Township.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
If you're not going to do a whole lot of traveling throughout the state, only program the sites, departments and talkgroups you're interested in hearing. Proscan gives you greater control over this than Uniden Sentinel, only prerequisite is you'll need an RR premium subscription to utilize the web import service. Though you should be able to program in NJICS in its entirety into the SDS200, the scanner will be wasting time cycling through sites you're out of range of so only program in those you're certain you'll listen to. Perhaps assign quick keys or use location control to disable the sites you're out of range of but may wish to monitor later while within range.

Is it even worth it to get it working properly since I just moved to Phillipsburg, Warren County?
You are aware that law enforcement, fire & EMS are analog conventional in Warren County (not on NJICS), correct? NJSP is on NJICS & in the clear