NJICS Municipal Migration Discussion - Statewide

markjrenna

Although this might work for you, it does not necessarily when located within a simulcast area such as the West Orange simulcast. One person 1/2 mile from the other person will have great reception while the other will have a garbled mess.

Only Unication (that I own) and apparently an SDS100 (that I do not own) will solve the LSM problem no matter the location.

install a directional antenna pointed at the NJICS tower and your problem will be solved.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Roselle Park FD just cleared a careless cooking call. Initial dispatch was simulcast on UHF, County Fire Dispatch, and County Fireground 4.

As to operations, UHF/FG4 simulcast is still up. Apparatus were TX on UHF. Command (DC2 it sounded like) was TX on the ICS on County Fireground 4, missed the last two digits of his RID.

Last edited:

elias1988

Feed Provider
If you’re not running the system in search mode then you need to add it from the latest DB update.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Logged a couple of Eatontown radios (RID 1312xxx) being denied on the Telegraph Hill site yesterday between 9:46 and 11:10. TG's were 4903, 4905, 4911 and 4913.

scannersnstuff

Logged a couple of Eatontown radios (RID 1312xxx) being denied on the Telegraph Hill site yesterday between 9:46 and 11:10. TG's were 4903, 4905, 4911 and 4913.

Castor, I've been looking for them on the Long Branch site. I am now monitoring both Telegraph Hill and LB.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Castor, I've been looking for them on the Long Branch site. I am now monitoring both Telegraph Hill and LB.

I'm gonna start monitoring the Long Branch site this week also. I finally got my outside antenna up so my ability to decode is much better now.

Last edited:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Just curious, has anyone monitored any activity for Bloomfield on those TGs that are highlighted in BLUE? I am pretty sure Bloomfield has additional TGs assigned to it. Either they have not been using them yet or simply being very discrete on their usage. Again its something to watch and monitor for. Please, Any new discoveries or conformations please post and submit to DB.

Over this past weekend I was monitoring Bloomfield PD on NJICS. HQ dispatch told cars to switch to Channel 4. I did not pick them up on their old UHF frequencies which I still monitor. So I am thinking its either 700 MHz simplex channel or one of the unconfirmed possible TGs on NJICS...

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Logged some voice traffic on TG 4903 (possible Eatontown PD) today between 11:30 and 12:00. Unfortunately, all traffic was encrypted.

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
Noticed tonight while listening to REMCS on both VHF and on the UC site of ICS that the REMCS dispatcher reached out to units 1402 and 1403 and 1402 responded but only on the ICS side and it was not simulcast down to the VHF only the dispatcher was simulcast to both and the other field units were responding on VHF like normal.

I also noticed in an earlier transmission today one of the REMCS dispatchers made a comment to the one BLS unit to "use that new fancy radio in your truck and switch to the MONOC channel to talk to your ALS, that's what its for." Could this actually be a sign that REMCS units will use ICS as its intended for actual interoperability between the REMCS units and outside agencies such as MONOC? Honestly it's a step in the right direction if thats how it will actually be used.

One final note, heard through the rumor mill that all REMCS units will be transiting to ICS by Jan. 1st and the VHF channel will go quiet which seems reasonable enough if all the trucks have ICS radios in them now, but again through the rumor mill so take it with a grain of salt. Ill keep monitoring both channels and see if I notice anymore changes.

joedisp

Premium Subscriber
Noticed tonight while listening to REMCS on both VHF and on the UC site of ICS that the REMCS dispatcher reached out to units 1402 and 1403 and 1402 responded but only on the ICS side and it was not simulcast down to the VHF only the dispatcher was simulcast to both and the other field units were responding on VHF like normal.

I also noticed in an earlier transmission today one of the REMCS dispatchers made a comment to the one BLS unit to "use that new fancy radio in your truck and switch to the MONOC channel to talk to your ALS, that's what its for." Could this actually be a sign that REMCS units will use ICS as its intended for actual interoperability between the REMCS units and outside agencies such as MONOC? Honestly it's a step in the right direction if thats how it will actually be used.

One final note, heard through the rumor mill that all REMCS units will be transiting to ICS by Jan. 1st and the VHF channel will go quiet which seems reasonable enough if all the trucks have ICS radios in them now, but again through the rumor mill so take it with a grain of salt. Ill keep monitoring both channels and see if I notice anymore changes.

Just to clear up the rumor mill.

UH-EMS will be cutting over to the P25 NJICS System fulltime at 0600hrs. tomorrow Saturday December 22 2018.

REMCS 1 Dispatch (4755) will be in the clear mode.

The other REMCS Talkgroups will be in secure mode.

As to the interoperability question, yes all UH-EMS unit will be able to communicate with our outside agencies as well and the entire I/O NJICS system.

The current system (VHF) REMCS 1, REMCS 5 will remain active on simulcast for the next 60 days. After that, REMCS 1 and 5 will become a gateway into the communications center.

This also includes ECOEM 1 and ECOEM 2.

The field units will continue to have VHF communications as per regulation.

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
Just to clear up the rumor mill.

UH-EMS will be cutting over to the P25 NJICS System fulltime at 0600hrs. tomorrow Saturday December 22 2018.

REMCS 1 Dispatch (4755) will be in the clear mode.

The other REMCS Talkgroups will be in secure mode.

As to the interoperability question, yes all UH-EMS unit will be able to communicate with our outside agencies as well and the entire I/O NJICS system.

The current system (VHF) REMCS 1, REMCS 5 will remain active on simulcast for the next 60 days. After that, REMCS 1 and 5 will become a gateway into the communications center.

This also includes ECOEM 1 and ECOEM 2.

The field units will continue to have VHF communications as per regulation.

Awesome thanks for the great info! I noticed last night that a Supervisor came over the VHF in the clear but it also came over the Dispatch on ICS but fully encrypted. I assume supervisors can toggle the switch on and off as they please. I am going to setup Unitrunker today to watch the UC site and see what i can pick up.