NJICS Municipal Migration Discussion - Statewide

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
As previously posted,REMECS EMS DISPATCH TG is supposed to be in the clear however as also just posted was encrypted.
Please advise if all three REMECS listed TGs are in the clear, fully encrypted or partially encrypted. Adjustments then could be made to DB asap.
Thank you.

joedisp

Premium Subscriber
So,

Lets clear this up

REMCS 1 Dispatch (4755) Full Time Clear
REMCS 2 Daily Operations (4757) Full Time Secure
REMCS 3 Tactical Operations (4759) Full Time Secure

Last edited:

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
It seems that all Ironbound EMS units are still only operating on the VHF, no activity on the ICS side when they transmit and no activity on unitrunker either.

Working on a list of the Radio ID's and should have something soon. So far seems like they have ID's 2440001 thru 2440079 is the highest ive seen so far.

joedisp

Premium Subscriber
Ironbound is awaiting the delivery of new radios
South Orange Rescue Squad will began using the new system later this week.
Americare (South Orange contract provider) is up in the air. South Range may need to provided them with a radio.
Orange (Pulse is on the fence) they may end up on Orange Fire 2 for dispatch by REMCS.

The new REMCS portable radios are APX6000XE signal band (the dual/tri bands have performance issues when they were evaluated).

Tac-1

Ironbound is awaiting the delivery of new radios
South Orange Rescue Squad will began using the new system later this week.
Americare (South Orange contract provider) is up in the air. South Range may need to provided them with a radio.
Orange (Pulse is on the fence) they may end up on Orange Fire 2 for dispatch by REMCS.

The new REMCS portable radios are APX6000XE signal band (the dual/tri bands have performance issues when they were evaluated).

Thanks

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
My apologies as I mistakenly posted this information in the main NJICS thread and not in the Migration thread. Perhaps a board admin can remove it from the main thread since it's not allowing me to delete my comment. TIA

It appears that NJDOC may be getting new radios for NJICS. I logged two RIDs today in a new range. RID 2400006 on NJDOC Foxtrot (Special Ops) TG 1707 and RID 2410001 on NJDOC 2A Central Transport (TG 3399). Both logs were from the Bordentown simulcast.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Oakland PD is apparently planning on switching from their trusty low-band to NJICS.

Timeline is set for Q1 of 2020 and they're planning to go with APXs.
Wonder if any more sites will be up in that area by then?
Did you mean Q1 2019?

They already have the new MCC7500 consoles, APX consolettes, and APX mobiles/portables and are in the process of programming them all.

Their 700 MHz talkgroup will be patched to 45.98 MHz so they can keep the low band repeater on the air. They will also have encryption capability, although word is that it won't be used full-time.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
With regard to REMCS/Newark EMS, I seem to be running into a problem. I have their dispatch talk group programmed in both my 996P2 and my 436hp. I get them loud and clear from my 436 but nothing on my 996p2? I am using the West Orange site on both scanners and I live right here in Newark so I am clueless why my 996p2 constantly flashes, "finding control channel." I used ARCXT software to program the scanner and no matter what squelch setting I try using, nothing. Any insight?

demar251

With regard to REMCS/Newark EMS, I seem to be running into a problem. I have their dispatch talk group programmed in both my 996P2 and my 436hp. I get them loud and clear from my 436 but nothing on my 996p2? I am using the West Orange site on both scanners and I live right here in Newark so I am clueless why my 996p2 constantly flashes, "finding control channel." I used ARCXT software to program the scanner and no matter what squelch setting I try using, nothing. Any insight?
I had this problem with my 996P2 also the other night. And I Have both the West Orange and Union Site programed. It lasted for a couple of minutes and then cleared up. Maybe try programming the Union Site? as I'm getting good reception on both sites.

W2SJW

Database Admin
My apologies as I mistakenly posted this information in the main NJICS thread and not in the Migration thread. Perhaps a board admin can remove it from the main thread since it's not allowing me to delete my comment. TIA

It appears that NJDOC may be getting new radios for NJICS. I logged two RIDs today in a new range. RID 2400006 on NJDOC Foxtrot (Special Ops) TG 1707 and RID 2410001 on NJDOC 2A Central Transport (TG 3399). Both logs were from the Bordentown simulcast.
You didn't have to delete that post you made. This thread is for municipal & county agencies moving to the state system.

Since the NJDOC is a state agency, it was OK in the main thread... ;)

NParkNJ

On the Road
Did you mean Q1 2019?

They already have the new MCC7500 consoles, APX consolettes, and APX mobiles/portables and are in the process of programming them all.

Their 700 MHz talkgroup will be patched to 45.98 MHz so they can keep the low band repeater on the air. They will also have encryption capability, although word is that it won't be used full-time.

Interesting GTR. Do you know if it’ll be patched full-time?

And will they still have the UHF/lowband cross-band repeater setup? Or is that done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joedisp

Premium Subscriber
So,

Lets clear this up

REMCS 1 Dispatch (4755) Full Time Clear
REMCS 2 Daily Operations (4757) Full Time Secure
REMCS 3 Tactical Operations (4759) Full Time Secure

The New MCC 7500E IP Dispatch Console's have been completed as of today, they are currently 16 channels but will be expanded to 32 channels by the end of January 2019.

Did you mean Q1 2019?

Yes, sorry about that 2019!

scannersnstuff

I had this problem with my 996P2 also the other night. And I Have both the West Orange and Union Site programed. It lasted for a couple of minutes and then cleared up. Maybe try programming the Union Site? as I'm getting good reception on both sites.

I have read that the 996p2 does not play well with the njics. I do not have one, and am glad,because I've herd the same thing numerous time's.

Tech792

My 996P2 does great on the NJICS system 100% of the time. I think your location/simulcast sites has a lot to do with it. Mine is programmed to the Telegraph Hill site.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Possible Bloomfield TGs

Not confirmed yet, but following the pattern the way NJICS is issuing TGs to municipalities,
Here is a “possible” layout for Bloomfield NJ.

4789 PD 1 Dispatch - Confirmed
4791 PD 2 ?
4793 DPW/EMS Other Township Dept. ?
4795 FD 1 Dispatch - Confirmed
4797 FD 2 ?

There may be more TGs also.
Something to watch and monitor for.
Any new discoveries or conformations please post and submit to DB.

Thanks

Just monitored TG 4791 PD 2 for Bloomfield Police
so 4791 PD 2 is now Confirmed! Will add to DB

NParkNJ

On the Road
Has anyone heard anything on Oakland? TGs? Info?

I just received a Phase 2 Scanner, and have yet to hear them.

They should be “0242” according to municipality code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk