APX8000

Sarcastic Member
YOU:

Any confirmation/input welcome.

ME:

"...heard one of the EMS units come up on Fairfield PD talkgroup last week."

YOU:

Thanks for stating the obvious, though.

Didn't know it was obvious that EMS was coming up on this particular PD's talkgroup but hey, you know more than me, right ?

YOU'RE WELCOME !

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
And not for nothing, but you are kinda stating the obvious with your question. Do you find it surprising that units that operate on NJICS are coming up on talkgroups of agencies they respond to as primarily ALS, who are also on NJICS ? Asking for a friend.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
West Caldwell made the switch this morning, and are now full time on NJICS. The plan was to simulcast on their VHF channel to maintain interoperability with Caldwell PD who they also dispatch for, however , that has no happened yet. So Caldwell PD remains on VHF for the time being. As always, subject to change.

markjrenna

West Caldwell made the switch this morning, and are now full time on NJICS. The plan was to simulcast on their VHF channel to maintain interoperability with Caldwell PD who they also dispatch for, however , that has no happened yet. So Caldwell PD remains on VHF for the time being. As always, subject to change.

Nice! Just heard. Thank you! :)

ansky

Has there been any talk of Roseland moving to NJICS? They would be the last department in the region to remain on VHF.

markjrenna

From what I know is Roseland doesn’t have any radio issues and the FD is also using the North Caldwell licensed tower. I have to assume a long while ago they were given Essex Fells and North Caldwell radio and same now with E Livingston. They can’t possibly rely on spen to know what’s going on around them. Especially Livingston.

ansky

From what I know is Roseland doesn’t have any radio issues and the FD is also using the North Caldwell licensed tower. I have to assume a long while ago they were given Essex Fells and North Caldwell radio and same now with E Livingston. They can’t possibly rely on spen to know what’s going on around them. Especially Livingston.

So I guess if they already have the radios it would be easy for them to switch over to NJICS if they wanted to.

Motoguy2525

Keep an eye on Wall Township, NJ. Will be moving to NJICS in a few weeks. Dispatch center is completed and mobiles in vehicles are being installed currently. Wouldn’t be surprised if first week of September the transition over is made.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Logged Wall Twp RID 1352149 getting denied on Telegraph Hill using TG 5181 on 8/15 @ 13:03

Motoguy2525

Logged Wall Twp RID 1352149 getting denied on Telegraph Hill using TG 5181 on 8/15 @ 13:03
How do you know it’s the Wall Township talk group? I’m surprised they have a signal bouncing off Telegraph Hill. From what I Heard PD will have three encrypted talk groups and EMS&Fire will be in the clear.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
How do you know it’s the Wall Township talk group? I’m surprised they have a signal bouncing off Telegraph Hill. From what I Heard PD will have three encrypted talk groups and EMS&Fire will be in the clear.

I can't say with 100% certainty but the TG hasn't been seen before and its a Wall Twp ID attempting to affiliate to it, it just got denied on Telegraph Hill.

Got a second Wall Twp RID 1352147 getting denied on Telegraph Hill using a different TG 5175.

Even though I can close to Wall my antenna isn't placed in a position to monitor the site. I may have to work on that.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
NJ Human Services Police appears to be transitioning or testing. Picked up RID 2570000 and 2570001 affiliating to NJ DHS Police South (TG 2223)

Also looks like Waterfront Commission of NY Harbor Police are getting new radios... seeing 2560004 and 2560028 showing up on their TG

Last edited:

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen any talk about this so I'll share:

Glen Ridge EMS is now equipped on their rigs with APXs and are communicating with Montclair MAU on their NJICS talk group (4515) when responding for mutual aid assignments. I'm not sure if that goes for Bloomfield and Verona but I'll add them to my scan lists to confirm - I would suspect the same.

Also Medic 7 & 8 out of Mountainside also communicate directly to Montclair PD on their TG (4341) while responding to ALS calls. Same goes for above -- I'm not sure if they are programmed to talk to other surrounding towns on NJICS, but will monitor.

Any conformation/input welcome.

KD2JFA may be able to confirm.

Can confirm that Glen Ridge is using the MAU Dispatch TG to communicate with MAU and Montclair Dispatch.

Medic 7 & 8 do currently utilize Montclair PD TG but should be switching soon to MAU Dispatch to directly communicate with BLS units in town. There are some changes and updates coming to try and get more interoperability but nothing further at this time.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that Glen Ridge EMS does use the Verona Rescue dispatch talkgroup when they provide mutual aid to us. We are slowly moving in the right direction for interoperability.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
Thank you KD2JFA for the nod and credit for bringing this VERY useful update to our community. Interoperability is really starting to grow some extremely helpful inter-agency roots via comms which means saving more lives, and significantly faster taboot! <3

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard any new information regarding Trenton City Services and when they might make the switch to the NJICS system?

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Seeing a lot of denials on the Holmdel site today for Cumberland County radios (600xxx) on TGs 4949 and 5209. No mention of those TGs in the DB or the Wiki. Anyone have any info or thoughts?