NJICS Site 18 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
I looked in the database but I can't find site 18, any idea where it is ? The control channel is 770.656250

Thanks,

Rob

Attachments

• DSDPlus.txt
    175.5 KB · Views: 65

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Unidentified site.

Assuming that you're in Millville and are receiving the site well from there, and given the fact that your log shows adjacent sites of 4, 5, and 6...I would guess that it might be located in Port Elizabeth where there is also an 800 MHz IR site.

There are no other 700 MHz sites in the area, leaving a rather large gap in coverage, so it would make sense.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
Yes I am in Millville well actually Commercial Twp. approx 3 miles from the Port Norris NJSP barracks, These are the frequencies i have recorded so far from this site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 340

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you're able to, take a ride over to the barracks with a scanner tuned to 770.65625, then take the antenna off when you get to the site. If the signal is still strong, you'll have confirmed the location.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's worth noting that Site 18 was previously located in Easton (Northampton County, PA), but went off the air a while ago. Looks like they relocated the site equipment down south. Good find.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
Took a ride past the NJSP barracks and nothing, had to drive into town and found it at or very near the Millville Police Dept. Also noted another frequency.

Rob

Attachments

• IMAG0274.jpg
    IMAG0274.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 313
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 311

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Interesting, so it's a few miles north of Port Elizabeth then. Good work.

couchm

I live in the far western side of the city and i can barely get 1 bar of signal strength from this site or the berlin simulcast site that BPd is using. So Millville police is switching to this. It seems they might have some issue's on this side of town.

csmith00

Feed Provider
I live in the far western side of the city and i can barely get 1 bar of signal strength from this site or the berlin simulcast site that BPd is using. So Millville police is switching to this. It seems they might have some issue's on this side of town.
What are you listening with? I ask because I have been listening with decent reception using a dongle & op25. I'm between Millville and Bridgeton. Was thinking of grabbing a phase 2 capable scanner for Christmas. Although PD will likely go encrypted.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
What are you listening with? I ask because I have been listening with decent reception using a dongle & op25. I'm between Millville and Bridgeton. Was thinking of grabbing a phase 2 capable scanner for Christmas. Although PD will likely go encrypted.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

And that's precisely what's been keeping me from buying a new scanner, will wait and see what they do first. As far as what I originally found the signal with was a dongle and sdr# , every few days or so I look through a few bands and see if anything new is out there.

I'm in Commerical Twp and using my Pro-651 without the antenna I still get 1 bar and can faintly hear it so their coverage should be just fine. As for berlin I can hear that signal as well with 2 bars on my Pro-651.

Rob

couchm

Nothing special. A uniden bc352p2 with stock antenna. I am on carmel rd with a lot of woods. There's no cell phone coverage here either.

couchm

Has anyone heard anything on this site? I know it's new but was just curious.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard anything on this site? I know it's new but was just curious.

Yes actually there is some sporadic traffic from Medevac Operations - South and also some 4Comm traffic. It's sporadic like I said and was phase 1, there is some P2 traffic but I don't have DSD+ configured for it at the moment.

Rob

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Not yet. They've been saying for over a year that they'll eventually add it, but so far nothing.

It does decode X2-TDMA, but that is an older, proprietary Motorola modulation that is different from Phase II TDMA. There are only a handful of X2-TDMA systems left on the air, none within hundreds of miles of NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.