NJICS

wb2cgb

Just purchased SDS200 to deal with simulcast issues with the 536. I put into my favorite list the Alpine site with the 3 control frequencies, the Passaic County simulcast with the 4 control frequencies, and the West Orange simulcast with the 4 control frequencies with only talk group 4715. Not receiving transmissions. I've also tried holding on different combinations of system, department and channel. Any thoughts?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Please export and attach your favorites list so we can take a look at it. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Scan only one site at a time, preferably the closest simulcast known to carry your talkgroup of interest, site hold. I wouldn't suspect a service type issue since law dispatch is enabled by default (unless you disabled it).

4715126bTTenafly PD 1Tenafly Police 1Law Dispatch

This post from last year seems to suggest partial encryption on this talkgroup with only the dispatch side being "in the clear" although the RRDB doesn't reflect this (should be mode "Te" if true)

Last edited:

Bill1957

Just purchased SDS200 to deal with simulcast issues with the 536. I put into my favorite list the Alpine site with the 3 control frequencies, the Passaic County simulcast with the 4 control frequencies, and the West Orange simulcast with the 4 control frequencies with only talk group 4715. Not receiving transmissions. I've also tried holding on different combinations of system, department and channel. Any thoughts?
Monitoring all day today and hear nothing on NJICS. Did they encrypt the entire system? Using SDS100 and I am hearing Bergen County P25 system and also Westchester County P25 systen OK.

Bill1957

Uh, no, business as usual with the overwhelming majority of activity in the clear.
Just asking data base guy. I have been monitoring the Alpine site all day and have heard nothing. Maybe you know something I don't know but uh-no doesn't help me here in Bergen county.

NYJORDANB19

Scan only one site at a time, preferably the closest simulcast known to carry your talkgroup of interest, site hold. I wouldn't suspect a service type issue since law dispatch is enabled by default (unless you disabled it).

4715126bTTenafly PD 1Tenafly Police 1Law Dispatch

This post from last year seems to suggest partial encryption on this talkgroup with only the dispatch side being "in the clear" although the RRDB doesn't reflect this (should be mode "Te" if true)
How do you program it into the Uniden BCD996P2 Scanner? Will it work? Thanks!