Njitac-6/p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

08GMC4X4

Has anyone else been having problems receiving the audio on NJITAC-6/P25? I recently programmed the freq and it is very garbled and cuts in and out. It sure doesn't sound like the secure comms I'm used to hearing in the Corps.

GM

Premium Subscriber
NJ I Tac 6 (859.7875) has recently been operating in P25 mode with the ENC on, as I have observed on my PSR 500. I have also not observed this being "simulcasted" on any other Tac channel.

Danny6569

NJ I Tac 6 (859.7875) has recently been operating in P25 mode with the ENC on, as I have observed on my PSR 500. I have also not observed this being "simulcasted" on any other Tac channel.

if its encrypted then youre not gonna hear it at all thats why its garbled!

SCPD

QRT
Though NJITAC6 is listed as an "instate" interops frequency, the primary user is State Office of Homeland Security & Preparedness and there by may be the reason for encryption. As I have been monitoring it seems that they use P25 encryption full time(Analog has ceased). And thus in the near future State Office of Homeland Security & Preparedness will be added to the Wicki encryption page listing those agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.