NJSP Digital/Encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESN

Does anyone have credible information on the future of NJSP trunked communications? My sources in the REMU have left or retired. Now that they have taken delivery of the new XTS portables, what's next? I am trying to factor in the state's current fiscal situation which should hinder any big changes. But, if the equipment has already been budgeted for or purchased, obviously, plans will proceed.Obviously agencies sharing the system will probably not encrypt but I am wondering about patrol comms.

The reason I ask is I am looking to upgrade a few scanners and if they are looking to go Digital, well OK. But if routine patrol comms will be Encrypted, there's no point.Most counties master plans should remain static due to budget constraints, with the exception of Monmouth possibly.Maybe Kevin can update us on Monmouth County.

I am looking for CREDIBLE information, NOT speculation,rumors or guesses please.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
So far, the digital talkgroups have all been in the 4xxxx range. I have seen a few new talkgroups show up since the new radios were put into service (confirmed through Unitrunker), but none of them have been in the digital range (although any talkgroup can turn digital). Here are the new talkgroups to keep an eye out for:

29424 - This one has been affiliating for months

Also, it looks like they got a bunch of new radios at the ODU consoles (if they are sticking to the same ID plan).

scannersnstuff

NOSOUP4U just a quick question.are the talkgroups you listed across the entire a/b/c system ? or are they just for b ?.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Just speaking for the south system here, my trunker program has picked all but 29424, 35824, 28748.

150+ hits on the others from the A system.

I'll run the A system fro awhile to see how active they are.

Oh, and 40976 has a 200+ count on it.

Dave

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I'm only running it on Troop B.

Add another one: 28816

40976 is Radio Repair Digital
41072 is another new Digital group. I Haven't figured out who is using it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.