NJSP Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

A lot of traffic the last two days on the NJSP trunk system doing constant radio checks using digital. Three users stating they are at different locations thur out the state using talk group #40976 .

tomlynch999

I heard it too there was a female at the West Trenton HQ giving counts to a male in tyhe rea of the Delaware bridges--Which have digitl talk groups in the NJSP system..

By the way -- I am in Sussex County using a psr500 with unity gain whip.

JimBobTerp

YES! I heard the same thing all day Friday and Saturday too. I am just glad NJSP did not jump or will never jump to the Open Sky Network. I hate how PSP and a few other things did that I wish this system would have failed so I can monitor them again or wish there was Frequencies to monitor Open Sky Network. :)

asnhnetwork

I believe the digital you are hearing is for the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission who pays NJSP to patrol it's facilities. I read that they paid NJSP for all the digital equipment to meet there specs

ASNH

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
How do you all pick this stuff up? If I try to monitor this system I hear everything on it. When I put the wildcard in my PSR 500 should it be private or group?

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
How do you all pick this stuff up? If I try to monitor this system I hear everything on it. When I put the wildcard in my PSR 500 should it be private or group?

I have my unidens set to search the site instead of scan so that I can pick up anything new, Plus I have the talk group 40976 entered as a radio maintenance P-25 tag.

robbinsj2

To listen to only certain talkgroups, program them in instead of the wildcard.

To easily discover any new or unprogrammed talkgroups is a little more complex because you first have to program all the already-known talkgroups plus the group wildcard. Either lockout the known ones, or put them in a different scanlist and make sure the 500 is set to ignore talkgroups which are in a different scanlist. I use Win500 for this but the option is in the menu there, probably under Global settings. I have about 18 of the 20 scanlists set up for regular scanning with all known talkgroups programmed in somewhere or another, then 1 scanlist set to search for unidentified conventional and 1 for new/unidentified talkgroups on the various trunked systems around me.

Private wildcard is for individual or radio-to-radio calls. Group wildcard is for talkgroup or radio-to-channel calls. Some trunked systems don't use private calls very much or at all.

Jim

asnhnetwork

I don't have the talkgroups but I have dept of Human services DCF units running a roll call on digital on B Troop. sounds like close to 100 units so far. No locations being given. UID i9706 is the person calling the roll call with various UID's answering.

ASNH

Status
Not open for further replies.