NJSP Dispatchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Been working on a project of logging and identifying different NJSP radio ID's. I've noticed something that has led me to a question. Are there multiple dispatchers or sections to a Comm desk?

For example...right now on B2-05 Troop B South, I've logged two radio ID's for 5-Comm. One is on a male dispatcher, one is on a female dispatcher.

Any clarification? Thanks all...

Tech792

There is regional dispatch centers set up to handle all the different "comms". I believe 3 total. I have a friend that works at the central one in Hamilton. I think there is one up north and one down south. Some one else will probably chime in with better info.

joshua86

I think from what ive heard they have one person on each "comm" radio at a time...recently there has been some kind of problem with the system. I turn it on and it stays on the same frequency and TG untill you press scan, and in between transmissions there is just silence. So until this problem is fixed I would probaby hold off on trying to do any cataloging.

asnhnetwork

They have 4 centers. Troop A Troop B Troop C and Troop D/E. Each Comm has @ least 1 dispatcher You may also have a seperate dispatcher backing up the primary dispatchers. They also have a shift leader who can jump on the channel as well. ODU personnel can also jump on so you may see quiye a few radio ID's

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
They have 4 centers. Troop A Troop B Troop C and Troop D/E. Each Comm has @ least 1 dispatcher You may also have a seperate dispatcher backing up the primary dispatchers. They also have a shift leader who can jump on the channel as well. ODU personnel can also jump on so you may see quiye a few radio ID's

So it makes sense for Troop B 5-Comm to have two UIDs...or more. Excellent. That's what I was looking for. Thanks asnhnetwork!

FWIW btw, from the radio it sounds like most of Troop B's mobile data units are down, and some of Troop C's. Conversation just went over about techs working on it.

Last edited:

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
During daywork, there are typically two operators assigned to a channel. They just take turns answering the phones and radio for their specific area. One might do lookups and the other talk on the radio. At night, when its quiter, they can go down to 1 operator per channel. Theres a Sgt in the room, but you'll never hear them on the radio.

At least one operator is assigned to the relief position, so people can take breaks and eat.

Hope this helps.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Each console at the dispatch centers will have a unique radio ID like all the mobiles and portables usually. So two dispatchers working the same channel will have different ID's displayed.

jrb6940

Premium Subscriber
There are two operators per channel, everyone in the room answers 911 calls and the station specific lines are answered by the appropriate operators. The ODU in Totowa has a couple call taking only positions, and the Call Center in West Trenton (the original Troop C PSAP replaced by Hamilton) only answers 911, no dispatching done there.

Status
Not open for further replies.