NJSP Identifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

germwad86

I don't know if it's just me or what, but I'm listening right now to C-4 Comm on the Central system and the Units are identifying themselves with numbers such as - 6546 or 6426.

When did they start doing this? I always thought they said their vehicle number.

I guess there could be two explanations or more.... did they change car numbers? Or have they started using their badge numbers? But then I ask the question, why are all the numbers in the 6000 at least on this talk-group?

One officer just said his badge number in the 6000 so i guess that is how they identify themselves now??

xpawel15x

The troopers say their badge number when they get in service, then they call by their vehicle number, at least here in the North system.

germwad86

That's exactly how I have always heard it done, however, right now on C-4 Comm, they are using their badge number to call in and everything. Not just signing into the CAD but all the time. A little strange but I guess it makes more sence.....

stvnd53

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Listen to the type of stops they are makeing.ie:Cell Phone,DWI,Speeders...etc.Sometimes the CAD will not accept there "T-Tango Code".So each and evertime they stop someone the Dispatcher needs to enter a Badge # for it to take it.

epdret

NJSP badge numbers are unique to the individual trooper it is assigned to upon graduation from the academy and promotion to Trooper from Cadet / Trainee. That number stays with them throughtout their career and the number gets retired when they retire.

wnjl

germwad86 said:
That's exactly how I have always heard it done, however, right now on C-4 Comm, they are using their badge number to call in and everything. Not just signing into the CAD but all the time. A little strange but I guess it makes more sence.....

Noticing the same change on 5-comm on Troop C, that never used to be the case until about a week or two ago.

xpawel15x

I don't know why, but my local PD have done a similar thing. They used to be called by their car # for years and all of a sudden they changed to what # their portable radio keys up on the computer in the dispatch center. I think they did this because recently they hired more police officers and now have two-man units. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Last edited:

IceInferno

Premium Subscriber
Badge #'s instead of Car #'s

Troop C implemented the new CAD system about week and half ago...Troop A started using it in January...Troop D & E and coming soon and Troop B will be last to switch to the new system

xpawel15x

This will be worse for us hobbyists to listen to them. We will no longer be able to tell what type of vehicle they drive, etc. But I guess it is no big deal...

daedalus

Troop C troopers are also calling in the motor vehicle violation code (eg: 39:4-498) when making a stop. Have not yeat heard it on Troop B.

IceInferno

Premium Subscriber
you have not heard that on Troop B yet cause they are not using the new CAD system yet. Only Troop A & Troop C are on the system...

SCPD

QRT
daedalus said:
Troop C troopers are also calling in the motor vehicle violation code (eg: 39:4-498) when making a stop. Have not yeat heard it on Troop B.

I have been listening to Troop C. I have yet to hear actual Statutes being used. They are still using "moving" and "non-moving" for stop codes.

I did notice the Troopers seem to be updating the CAD themselves rather than calling in a "20 Alpha" or "20 Bravo" etc.

I don't know what work is required for the dispatchers to do this before, but I can only guess it's been streamlined so the Troopers can do it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.