NJSP Marine Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I've been noticing since yesterday that I wasn't hearing the marine troopers at all. I did a wildcard search on my 500 & discovered that they were back on the Troop-A 35120 TGID being simulcast across all of the troops.

I thought they stopped that after the OmniLink upgrade was done. How long have they been back on 35120?

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I had the same thing happen to me! I did not think much of it. I have now entered all the Marine TG's. For now 35120 is the only one active. It has been at least two weeks.Yes,strange.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
All day yesterday they were on 36784 (C3-10) here in troop A. I also have all the TG's entered for A & b systems, you never know which one they will be on day to day.

SCPD

QRT
I also noticed that yesterday afternoon. That's why i learned to keep all TG's in the scanner awhile ago, because of this happening last year.

xpawel15x

Also hearing them on 35120. Could anyone tell me what they patrol in northern NJ ?

xpawel15x

This is a bit strange...all of the state's marine troopers on one tg.. must be weird hearing southern jersey marine troopers on lake hopatcong :roll:

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I could be wrong but it seems like the Hamilton station in troop C dispatches the marine unit for the entire state. They at the least take all the vessel stops.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I think what throws people off is that depending on how they patch the talkgroups together, the talkgroup they show up on (at least on the scanner) is always different.

If you were using a newer trunk radio, the talkgroup would automatically follow the patch. The scanners (and even older trunk radios) don't do that. That might be a nice feature to add for future scanner models.

Status
Not open for further replies.