NJSP Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

germwad86

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I would like to try and get a final answer.

I know during the winter months as the database shows (35120 893 A1-10 MARINE Marine Police (All)) covers as it says ALL marine police.

Is this the case during the summer months??

I'm curious because I'm always out by in Barnegat Bay anywhere from Seaside down to Barnegat Inlet. Occastionally, I'll see a State Police boat out patroling and espeically now because the state purchased what used to be The Wheel House right before the entrance to Island Beach State Park I can imagine that their will be more Troopers out there, so which comm should I be monitering for this area??

Thank you!

SCPD

QRT
All TGID's should be put in the scanner because, they sometimes switch to any of the TG's.
I had this happen to me at one time and wasn't hearing anything on North TG and found out they were operating on the South TG.

SCPD

QRT
Also, someone mentioned here, I don't remember who, to NOT use the "control channel only" feature if you're scanner has it. Apparently doing this doesn't pick up all the TG's.

However, I cannot confirm this.

robbinsj2

res148cue said:
Also, someone mentioned here, I don't remember who, to NOT use the "control channel only" feature if you're scanner has it. Apparently doing this doesn't pick up all the TG's.
That was reported by someone and later shown to be incorrect. There was some other problem causing that symptom. I encourage control-channel-only mode unless you want to lock out a system voice frequency. That would be beneficial if you're getting interference from another system, like some reported on Troop B from an Open Sky system a while back. But we've strayed from the topic...

Jim

jngizzi

EJM said:
All TGID's should be put in the scanner because, they sometimes switch to any of the TG's.
I had this happen to me at one time and wasn't hearing anything on North TG and found out they were operating on the South TG.

On the 396T scanning with search mode enabled on the trunk system should pick up all the TGID's regardless if they are directly programmed....no?

SCPD

QRT
Yes, you would / should hear all TGID's in search mode. Here's the list of TG's for the MSB

34992 A1-6
35120 A1-10
36656 B2-6
36784 C3-10

12888 * This TG was posted here at one time and was id'ed for Troop C. I have it
in my scanner. I haven't heard anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.