NJSP Multiple System ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam55671

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I am trying to program in NJSP into my Motorola XTS2500. Since there are 3 System ID's, How would I put that into my radio?
Thank You

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I am trying to program in NJSP into my Motorola XTS2500. Since there are 3 System ID's, How would I put that into my radio?

You don't. You use the one most appropriate for your primary area, then set it up for SmartZone OmniLink (assuming your radio has that option) if you intend on traveling into the other two zones.

sam55671

Premium Subscriber
You don't. You use the one most appropriate for your primary area, then set it up for SmartZone OmniLink (assuming your radio has that option) if you intend on traveling into the other two zones.
Yes, my Radio is flashed for SmartZone and SmartZone OmniLink. I am in Bergen County, Troop B Covers My Area, would you happen to know which System ID I should use?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you're not even familiar enough with the system to know which zone covers your area, then you should probably stop right now. Trial and error is no way to program a transmit-capable radio on a public safety trunked system.

sam55671

Premium Subscriber
If you're not even familiar enough with the system to know which zone covers your area, then you should probably stop right now. Trial and error is no way to program a transmit-capable radio on a public safety trunked system.
How can I find out which Zone Covers My Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.