NJSP on NJICS in Monmouth County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

code3kid

Hello everyone,

I'm currently programming an APX for a client located in Neptune City and I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue he's having. I'm located in Washington State so it's somewhat difficult for me do so. I programmed all the NJICS Monmouth sites, including Neptune and all troop C talkgroups and toll road ops. He was receiving these talkgroups while in Union County but not in Neptune. I read on the NJICS RR database that all NJSP talkgroups are a simulcast of the actual NJSP system and not active full time. I was wondering if that is still accurate and would explain why he's not getting any NJSP in Neptune on NJICS. And if anyone knows of a NJICS site near Neptune that carries NJSP traffic consistently, id be grateful for that information.

Thanks for any input!

code3kid

When driving back from Union County, he gets troop B 5-Comm and some GSP and Turnpike dispatch until he gets about 5 minutes from his house then it drops.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
The NJICS patrol operations talkgroups are simulcasts of the NJSP system, they don’t come across every site at any given time....... dont take this argumentatively as I’m just curious..... but how do you have the authorization to program this system into a radio for somebody in jersey?

code3kid

The NJICS patrol operations talkgroups are simulcasts of the NJSP system, they don’t come across every site at any given time....... dont take this argumentatively as I’m just curious..... but how do you have the authorization to program this system into a radio for somebody in jersey?
Thank you for the reply! and I programmed it for non-affiliated scan. I've been doing it for years safely, without issue. Every radio I put out makes it impossible for the user to affiliate.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Your client should have had you put the 800MHz system in the radio while you were at it if NJSP is what they want to listen too. They will get much more consistent reception of NJSP talk groups that way so long as the radio was properly provisioned with needed options.

I get intermittent reception of south simulcast talk groups on the NJICS system. They're not always on there consistently it seems. Probably the same thing going on up in northern NJ. The 800MHz system is analog audio and sounds way better.

code3kid

I’ll have him send it back to me to put the NJSP system in. It’s definitely intermittent, this morning he was getting lots of Turnpike and GSP traffic he wasn’t getting yesterday from his house.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
With the exception of Troop D - GSP North, all NJSP talkgroups only simulcast to the NJICS when an authorized radio affiliates to the 700 equivalent talkgroup of one on the NJSP SmartZone 800 system. When the radio unaffiliates, after a certain amount of time, no clue how much, it will cease. GTR8000 would be better equipped to explain the minutia of the hardware and programming.

With the exception of Troop D - GSP North, all NJSP talkgroups only simulcast to the NJICS when an authorized radio affiliates to the 700 equivalent talkgroup of one on the NJSP SmartZone 800 system. When the radio unaffiliates, after a certain amount of time, no clue how much, it will cease. GTR8000 would be better equipped to explain the minutia of the hardware and programming.
And why is Troop D an exception?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
When the radio unaffiliates, after a certain amount of time, no clue how much, it will cease.
Immediately. No subscriber affiliated = no traffic carried*

*Save for a system that has talkgroups forced to be carried at sites regardless of affiliation status, but that is rare as it's a waste of resources

Status
Not open for further replies.