NJSP - Possible new site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassidy1190

Picking up a new control on frequency 851.6125 (On database listed as under troop C system). I live on the coast in Monmouth, and normally can only get the C system if I have my 8 element yagi pointed at the telegraph hill tower, but with this new control channel I picked up this morning by accident I can get with my RS 800 MHz antenna still showing 93% signal strength. I don't know too much about trunked systems, but to me all evidence points that this signal is coming in from much closer than telegraph hill.

Could this be a new "Eastern Monmouth" site going up? This would make sense since coverage here is spotty. The new 851.6125cc seems to turn on and off. I put it in a new bank of its own on my pro2096 to experiment. Here is what I am getting:

cc shows B11E as identifier

tgs heard:
36592 - 4-COMM
53296 - GSP Holmdel
36784 - 10-COMM Marine

So far same voice channel for all - 852.7625

These tgs would make sense for an east monmouth system...

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
Good find! The NJSP is the only agency I have trouble hearing in South Jersey. I have tried multiple antennas with very poor quality.

cassidy1190

The signal is so strong that I get it with my yagi no matter where it is pointed, the 800MHZ radio shack antenna gets it too almost 100% now. I also just heard parks pd. So far all agencies that would operate in this area. The must be in testing mode though because the control seems to cut out and make unusual noises time to time.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Yep, that would be the Allenwood site. It's an Intellipeter that fills in areas that have coverage problems where the main towers have trouble reaching. You will also hear 852.76250 as the other CC in that area. You will also only hear any TG's that affiliate to that location/tower. It's been in service for about (at least) a year now, and recently re-banded.

Highpockets

Yep, that would be the Allenwood site. It's an Intellipeter that fills in areas that have coverage problems where the main towers have trouble reaching. You will also hear 852.76250 as the other CC in that area. You will also only hear any TG's that affiliate to that location/tower. It's been in service for about (at least) a year now, and recently re-banded.

You mentioned rebanded, and the database shows rebanded for the Central site, yet Unitrunker and my scanner show the Toms River site is only using 9 freq's, will they go back to 14 soon?

W2SJW

Database Admin
What you are hearing is the deployment of the new east-end site near Wall that my inside source told me was under construction. It will be 100% simulcast when it's done...

DJ88

What you are hearing is the deployment of the new east-end site near Wall that my inside source told me was under construction. It will be 100% simulcast when it's done...

Are you saying that this site is separate from Allenwood? I ask because Allenwood is part of Wall Township and you stated it's near Wall.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully they will add some sites down near mt laurel/maple shade, the signal is terrible dowm here. Hey all should I change the moto settings in the expert area of my 500 to receive any better?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Are you saying that this site is separate from Allenwood? I ask because Allenwood is part of Wall Township and you stated it's near Wall.

It's supposed to be 'in Wall', as I was told. I'm not sure if the NJSP has embedded site ID tags in the control channels (like Burlington does). It's been so long since I owned my PSR-500 that I can't remember if there is or not, but sitting on the control channel for at least 20 seconds with the 500/600 series scanners should reveal site ID info if the system manager enabled it (i.e. - Burlington sites show BORDEN, LAUREL, WESTAM, etc. if you hold on their control channels).

NESN

In the realm of unusual events, A1-4 Comm is being heard on Troop C steadily since yesterday morning. Troop A & B comms crossover occasionally but this seems different.
With the testing of A & B 5 Comm on REMU Digital, this new site and A1-4 Comm, this could become an interesting period.

cassidy1190

Im not exactly entirely sure that a site ever existed in allenwood. I have never recieved a signal like this until recently. I feel like if there had been a signal coming from allenwood for the past year I would be hearing it. When you say 100% simulcast, are you saying that all the tgs will operate on this system, like an exact clone of the troop c system?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
In the realm of unusual events, A1-4 Comm is being heard on Troop C steadily since yesterday morning. Troop A & B comms crossover occasionally but this seems different.
With the testing of A & B 5 Comm on REMU Digital, this new site and A1-4 Comm, this could become an interesting period.

I've been monitoring A1-04 and A1-03,05 on troop C sites for some time. They seem to be simulcast constantly, at least from my location. That also goes the other way, C3-03, 04 ,05 all are constanly simulcast on the south sites. I also monitor most B troop traffic from the C troop sites, another constant simulcast. That's what I've been observing here.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Yes they do,My Pro-106 displays IR ALD for Allenwood and TRP C for the Toms River site.

Cool! I could have sworn I saw that when I had my 500. I don't live near any IR sites, so I never got to see how they came across. I really wish my 396XT did that... ;)

scannersnstuff

ok, i have a good question. why do the site's switch between cc & voice ?. i tried programming the i.r. using the 2 control channel's. i also put the only 3 talkgroups i wanted to hear in the system. when the system change's from c.c. to voice, i have to listen to everything else going on there. why ?. will this eventually be eliminated ?.

countryboy879

ok i see this site was added to the trs on the central site so now i be able to hear everything or do i have to add something in my radio? or should i just add this site has a solo link to the trs?

Status
Not open for further replies.