NJSP Pursuit B2-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdragon

Passing 37.4 headed eastbound, armed robbery suspect from Newark, went 78west ot 24 west, to 287 south, now 78 east. Northstar's following along wiht half the troopers in NJ.

Passing 38.9

14:16: Exited Exit 40 southbound on Hillcrest Rd.
14:17: Northstar reports suspect is 1 mile north of Route 22
14:19: Westbound on 22, NJSP assisting letting local units take primary and secondary, Warren PD has primary
14:21: Warren reporting an accident, they're near a Walgreens
14:23: One in custody, 2 vehicles involved in the accident.
14:24: Now updating both are in custody, 2 occupants, on NJSP, while Watchung/Warren PDs is reporting one is in custody, one may be at large.
14:25: Accident scene is Warrenville Rd and Route 22, Green Brook. Second suspect may have run south across 22.
14:26: Northstar is reporting they only saw one bail out of the vehicle, unsure if any remained in the vehicle.
14:27: NJSP confirming that 2 are in custody
14:30: Northstar checking with ground units to see if they need to set down for any medical aid at the scene

Sounds like there was a minor hand injury to one trooper while taking a suspect into custody. I didn't hear mention of any other injuries from the accident.

Last edited:

Shoreman22

Njsp

I can verify that just about every trooper is in this area. I'm in Warren and at least twenty cruisers and the the chopper have buzzed by in the last few. MUCH excitement...

mdragon

They may have exited 24 onto Columbia Turnpike or other side streets up near the 24/287 interchange. They kept advising units to go to B2-09 and B2-04 and I wasn't picking up much on either there for a bit.
Several times on 78 West, 287 South, and 78 East it was mentioned speeds over 100mph, as high as 117.
They had spike strips waiting at mile 24 on 287, never heard if suspect had evaded the strip or whether they had even tried to deploy.
They had Northstar as the primary and Helicopter 2 as a backup both were on scene over the accident site on 22, Northstar was providing the information while the pursuit was still ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.