NJSP rebanding and bct15

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2PXV

I have exhausted all of the search results trying to find some help programming my BCT15 to get NJSP back available to listen to. I have a Uniden BCT 15 (not x) scanner. Just completed the firmware upgrade I found on the forums. Re-uploaded the systems to my scanner with no luck whatsoever.. I don't hear anything.

Anyone have anything to offer?

Last edited:

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
Are you listening to the Central Simulcast (Troop C)?

You don't need to do anything special to listen to the system post-rebanding. I won't bore you with the technical details, but suffice it to say none of the post-rebanding frequencies were part of the new Motorola channel plan, therefore your scanner already knows how to find them.

All you need to do is enter the 4 control channel frequencies (listed in red on the database page), enable "Control Channel Only" option on your scanner, and make sure it's programmed as a Motorola Type II system. That's it.

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
Also, before assuming something is wrong with the scanner or programming, take a listen to the 4 control channels in search mode to make sure you hear the data stream. Only 1 of the 4 control channel frequencies will be active at any given time. If you're not hearing anything on any of those 4 frequencies, then you're not receiving the system at all. If the signal is there but is weak, the scanner probably won't be able to decode it. You'll have to try a different location or antenna to pull the signal in.

KC2PXV

Thanks for your help. I think when I uploaded the data from RR, it didn't include ALL of the control channels so I typed the rest of them in manually and was successful.

80z1r

Premium Subscriber
You may also try using the beartracker feature to listen to the NJSP with or without having to program the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.