NJSP South 856.9375Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilAirNJ

Maybe someone will be able to assist me. I Live in Atlantic City (7 floors up). I have NJSP South Simulcast programmed into my scanner. For some reason most of the channels come in very clear when a TalkGroup becomes active. But for some reason when a TG uses 856.9375 MhZ. I get nothing but complete static! I looked into it and it appears there's a site in Atlantic City for that frequency. So I dont see why its a horrible reception. Any transmission comes in broken. Any suggestions... thanks!

Jim

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
What radio do you have? You should tune to that frequency manually and see if there is any noise. You should try moving to another location if you can and see if you have the same problem. I suspect there may be interference in the building you are in that is coming over that frequency. I also wonder, do you have a cellphone tower on the top of your building

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I have had that problem for some time, I just thought it was a fact of life. That one frequency comes in much weaker than the rest in the trunk. In fact today it didn't come in at all, on the 796d I can watch it flicker back and forth between the control channel so fast you can hardly make out what the other channel is. And I have checked the frequency by it's self and there is no noise there.

Status
Not open for further replies.