NJSP Southern Cape May County Intellirepeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
Last year while on my annual Cape May vacation I reported the NJSP intellipeater in Southern Cape May county on 859.2125 and 860.2125. When I arrived in Cape May on Saturday I was able to receive the NJSP on this intellirepeater. But, yesterday I found the control channel was gone and nothing was heard on these frequencies. I was able to relocate the control channel on 856.7125. All voice transmissions are now on 857.7125. My 996 ID's the site as B106h-002. Talkgroups logged on the site over the last two days are 26960 (GSP Bass River Area), 35952 (NJSP Marine), 34928 (Troop A 4-COMM South), and 34896 (Troop A 3-Comm East). It is obvious the system only transmits talkgroups when an affiliated radio is within range. It seem the site is in the Wildwood area. Without this intellirepeater it is impossible to monitor the NJSP Marine units from the Cape May beachfront.

-Mark S.

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
Uniden BCD996T, a base/mobile TrunktrackerIV series scanner with digital capability. You can get full details including owners manual PDF at Scannermaster.com.

Mark S

lt307

Premium Subscriber
NJSP South Jersey

I have a home in Diamond Beach and always had trouble receiving the NJSP Troop A (South Jersey) channels. I found out that if you use 860.9375 for the control channel you will pick up everything for South Jersey. All of the NJSP Comms come in clear. I have a 246T and had to use a Radio Shack 800 mhz rubber antenna instead of the stock antenna to pull in the signals. I have a friend who has a 396T and he did the same thing with the same results. Hope that helps you.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
I live in Cape May and yes, both of you are correct. 857.7125 is the what they are using down here. But you also hear comms on 860.9375.

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the suggestions. The problem with the main system (860.9375) here is a very local phenomenon. The condo we are in faces the beach/ocean, giving us great view but leaving a lot of building between us and the NJSP towers to our north. Buildings here also shield beach reception, but I can receive the intellirepeater on the beach even with the stock antenna on the 396. I agree, the dedicated 800mhz antenna works best. I can get the 860.9375 from the top floor only, but I'll choose the view anyday. Reception to the south (Delmarva area) is great. Some of our cellphone calls actually use cellsites in Delaware.

-Mark S

Status
Not open for further replies.