NJSP System Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua86

I noticed today that the north simulcast of the NJSP trunked system, at least on my scanners, was acting up. The frequency 858.4625 was used almost every time. I specifically noticed that the talkgroups 35792 "B2-05 5 comm", and 36304 "B2-22 CIB2" were switching places. I also heard some things that definatly did not sound like NJSP ops. I have tried listening on more than one scanner and its was happening on both. Does anyone have any ideas?

GM

Premium Subscriber
State Police were having problems early this morning with their trunked system, but to the extent of it, I do not know. Base consoles were having problems hearing the troopers on the road from what I understand.

NJSP hanging

With the file here on radio reference I am having hanging where it stays on one frequency as it is "keyed up" if I hit SCAN,it does move past.After you hit scan it scans then when someone talks it stays on and wont budge.The 996XT is doing this.It did this on north simulcast just like you are saying.(ex B2-05 5 comm)

The home patrol is scanning no problem.
Solution:
I put an older file in here marked (NJTRS.996) and then the 996XT works fine again.So something is buggin.
Waiting for the "im not having this issue in 4,3,2,1.

scans then stops on a talkgroup

Perhaps a silly question, but is the squelch open?

Squelch is up at 3/4 of the way
These were not doing this until recently.....
What this was doing was (on three 996xt's ),it scans fine,stops on a talkgroup you see the signal bars,it acted like there was a stuck mic,from the point the scanner stopped,it would not move off of that talkgroup.
I have since changed the way it was programmed (using an older file)named (NJTRS.996) ,it scans and works normally.Weird huh?
I even tried going back to the radio reference file at the time this was acting up and it would do the same thing .
Im 3 miles from the bloomfield barrracks on the GSP.

My display:
now: [ [ [ [ [ < 5 signal bars. full loud and clear audio!
TROOP B PATROL
NORTH SIMULCAST
B2-10 MARINE
858.4625 <stops on this frequency
any ideas?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Perhaps a silly question, but is the squelch open?

It happens to me, but only on P25 systems. My 396XT stops on a TG and even though there is no audio or even carrier it stays on the TG for up to 15-20 seconds, or until I push scan.

asnhnetwork

It almost seems like a 2nd repeater of lower power is stuck in an open key mode. I am hearing all the activity on the same 1 freq up north as everyone else is. Could it be an intellirepeater gone bad? I wonder if units in the field are getting busy signals?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I don't think it's a problem on our end. I've heard complains from the communications center on the air for about two weeks now on and off regarding weak signals (which I can hear fine on simulcast), and at least one intellirepeater that dropped out completely for about an hour. The REMU's have been making a lot of comments about issues with the North, and doing numerous on air-tests to one unidentified site.

As for the non-NJSP ops. That's not that unusual. There are a number of talkgroups from the NYC system (mostly in the 8000s and 16000s) that come over because NYC and NJ share at least one control channel. Just lock them out. There have also been some 32xxx FDNY talk groups popping up too this past month.

And you knew it was coming...I've had no issues. But my 996XT is front programmed with the info from the database, but not the file. Figure that one out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.