NJSP talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Oddly enough, when I listen to the troop C system, I can sometimes hear lots of the Troop A and Troop B talkgroups simultaneously. Sometimes not. there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it other than it seems to happen more on weekday mornings. I've heard that it has to do with a vehicle associated with one system located in another system. But that seems not to be the case either. For example just this morning on Troop C I was getting the Bellmawr Barracks (South 5-Comm) talkgroup on a traffic stop on I-295 in W. Deptford. This is obviously nowhere near the Troop C towers. And also the other morning on Troop C I heard from North 4-Comm on an incident on I-280 in Harrison/Newark. This is also (at least I don't think) near the Troop C towers. Other times I have to listen to Troop A only if I want to get Bellmawr. So what gives?

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello,
All it takes is 1 radio from troop A to associate on the C system (any tower) and the TG will be patched thru the whole C system. So it's likely that the specific stops you heard very well would have just been on the A system most of the time.

Dave

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I live in troop A and receive at least 4 talk groups from troop C everyday 24-7 for at least the last year. C3-3,C3-4 and C3-5 are patched thur along with the marine talk-groups which seem to be dispatched from Hamilton. BTW, I seem to be just out of range of troop C's towers, If I get in my truck and drive just a few miles north I am able to pick them up on there frequency's . Oh, and also I pick up the state house barracks C3-12 thur the patch 24-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.