NJSP Troop B from Troop A

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Just curious as to what the southernmost tower is for the NJSP that carries troop B. I can hear the control channel and comms from the Atco/Berlin area of Camden Co. NJ which is well into Troop A coverage zone. Quite amazing.

robbinsj2

Stupid questions -- are the comms you're hearing on Troop B talkgroups, system-wide talkgroups, or Troop A talkgroups? What frequencies are being used as voice channels?

NJSP has a site licensed in Waterford Township which uses five Troop B frequencies: 856.9625, 857.9625, 858.9625, 859.9625, and 860.9625. Reference WNXZ718. They've had the license for quite some time now; on the rare occasions I've been through that area, none recently, I haven't heard anything on those frequencies.

Jim

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I will check the frequencies tomorow. I do believe that the control channel was on 858.9625. Will see what comms I get. Kinda weird to stick a tower right there. They have one in berlin, which neighbors Waterford, and apparently they also have one in Hammonton which is only 10 miles away. But now that i'm aware of this, I'll check for talkgroups and frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.