NJSP Troop B Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers38

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden 396. trying to program the troop B frequencies. I am using Butel software. The problem i am having is when i download the info i am unsure as to what sites i heed to install. When i check the north or central similcast sites i get traffic for other areas. For example i have only channel b2-04 on and i recieve messages from other areas like 3 comm, 5 comm. Need help with programming this correctly

rangers38

Premium Subscriber
not sure of that it is a new scanner still trying to work on programming. can you offer help with that

rangers38

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the info- found the problem scanner was on search id instead of scan id. found out how to change in the owners manual. Just downloaded the freescan but my pc does not have a program to open it. Any ideas on how to proceed?

W2SJW

Database Admin
That's a self-contained windows installer - it should just 'run' when you double-click on it. Are you using anything that would change the extension of a file being downloaded?

rmosier

396 programming help

Ranger,

If you would download and install the free trial version of Proscan, I would be happy to put together and send to you a data file that you could use to program your scanner. You just need to tell me what it is that you want to hear. I could even send you the one that I'm currently using, and you could make changes to it.

Ray

rmosier@optonline.net

rmosier

I used Freescan for a while, I used BC Tool also. I put a mini itx computer in my Jeep with a touch screen, and I wanted to have a nice looking scanner control software. Proscan was perfect. It has some additional features that I realy like as well. I could help you program with Freescan, it would just be easier for me to do it with Proscan because thats what I've been using lately. And the trial is free so....

rmosier

Here is my Proscan programing data if you would like to use it. just drop it into the install folder. Then from within Proscan click File Open, and choose the new file.

Attachments

• PROSCAN DATABASE.txt
    39.8 KB · Views: 208

radiomanNJ1

Another shill for proscan. Freescan is free, has a control scanner function. Don't drive into a snowbank playing with the screen for your scanner.

I used Freescan for a while, I used BC Tool also. I put a mini itx computer in my Jeep with a touch screen, and I wanted to have a nice looking scanner control software. Proscan was perfect. It has some additional features that I realy like as well. I could help you program with Freescan, it would just be easier for me to do it with Proscan because thats what I've been using lately. And the trial is free so....

kylegott

NJSP TROOP B (sussex barracks)

Is there freq for just the sussex barracks and if so what are they please

Status
Not open for further replies.