NJSP Troop B Zones - Simple Question

t13one12

Trigger Warning: This may be very much a rookie question

While I've been in Jersey and scanning for about 10 years, I never really spent much time narrowing down what I might want to listen to from a regional perspective. I spent quite a bit of time listening to things in NYC. A move took me a bit further from the city now and I'm trying to narrow in some of what I listen to a bit. Is there a map or layout of Troop B that would help identify what "COMMs" cover what areas of Troop B? I am mostly interested in Bergen and Passaic areas. Now that they are on the NJICS the Passaic Simulcast is the best site for me to monitor on that system - not sure if that will make a difference in terms of what radios tend to be affiliating there. I'm guessing it would be 4 Comm covering "North"? Theoretically I could see it also being generally considered East but none of the Comms are labeled that way in the DB so it was a bit of a guess.

Thanks for your help!

Steve162

Premium Subscriber
This is what I have regarding talkgroup assignments.

As I understand it, the 2nd digit is the "Comm" to listen to, e.g. B2-2 is 2-Comm, A1-3 is 3-Comm.

I don't have any info regarding patrol boundaries between the barracks. If anyone does or if I'm incorrect here please pipe up.

It was much easier when they used the barrack locations as base IDs.

A1-3 East - Buena, Woodbine

A1-4 South - Port Norris, Bridgeton, Woodstown

A1-5 West - Bellmawr

B2-2 Sussex - Sussex

B2-3 Warren - Hope, Washington

B2-4 North - Totowa, Netcong

B2-5 South - Somerville, Perryville

C3-3 South - Red Lion, Tuckerton

C3-4 Central - Hamilton

C3-5 West - Bordentown, Kingwood

8000XE

Feed Provider
Bergen/Passiac you will want to focus on B2-4 (4Comm Dispatch North).

Turnpike B2-14 (3Comm Turnpike North)

Parkway B2-15 (2 Comm Parkway North)

The parenthesis denotes how it is labeled in the database. Program in the West Orange Simulcast as those TGs are carried there.